AOL.BT or Virgin

Old August 26th 03, 12:36 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Merlin

Default AOL.BT or Virgin

I am about to upgrade but which one would you recommend.

I rather pay extra for reliability and support although Virgin @ £25
and no 12 month contract do look the favourite at the moment.

There are promotions with each at the moment but I suppose there always will
be.

So over to you, which one is more reliable.

Thanks to all who reply with constructive answers.

Old August 26th 03, 01:33 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
BRG

"Merlin" wrote in
:

I am about to upgrade but which one would you recommend.

I rather pay extra for reliability and support although Virgin @
£25 and no 12 month contract do look the favourite at the
moment.

There are promotions with each at the moment but I suppose there
always will be.

So over to you, which one is more reliable.

Thanks to all who reply with constructive answers.

IMO AOL's client software is worth avoiding...

--
BRG
===
Old August 26th 03, 02:35 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Les & Claire

Heard that nothing short of complete re-format can get rid of AOL software
once it insinuates into your PC! The two most asked questions of AOL; "Where
is the internet?" and "How do I get this software off my PC?"

Les

--
Top Posting© Since 1997

"Oh Bother!" said the Borg, "We've assimilated Pooh!"

"That's 10 times I've explained binary to you. I won't tell you a 3rd time!"

"BRG" wrote in message
"Merlin" wrote in
:

Old August 27th 03, 12:16 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
welshtyrant

: On Mon, 25 Aug 2003 23:36:05 +0000 (UTC) and in article bie6h5$m92$1
: @titan.btinternet.com, Merlin said...
: : I am about to upgrade but which one would you recommend.
: :
: : I rather pay extra for reliability and support although Virgin @ £25
: : and no 12 month contract do look the favourite at the moment.
: :
: Virgin without a doubt. Or Pipex - free activation, £17.50 for two
: filters and a modem - 12 month contract though.
:
: nope only 1 month contract on both solo and solo2go (if you leave before
12
: months all they ask is that you pay the activation cost of £58.75)
:
:
For *****s* sake. This is what I meant !!!!!! don't start hurling
technicalities around.

?? hardly a technicality the difference between a 12 month contract and a 1
month contract ??

if it was a 12 month contract and you left after 1 month you would be
obliged to pay the remaining term of the contract (£23.49 pm x 11 = £259.39)

on the 1 month contract if you leave after 1 month all you pay is the £58.75
activation cost

a difference of ~£200

bit more than a technicality that

BTW lighten up a bit I was only clearing your misleading description up

Old August 27th 03, 10:31 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
welshtyrant

"chris" wrote in message
On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 00:16:56 +0100 and in article xTR2b.4295$MS5.74868
@newsfep4-glfd.server.ntli.net, welshtyrant said...
: on the 1 month contract if you leave after 1 month all you pay is the
£58.75
: activation cost

Well I consider this to be a soft 12 month contract. I don't know what
anyone else feels on this but Pipex basically have you by the nuts for
12 months unless you wanna stump up 60quid for a disconnection fee.

fair enough

most isp get you to pay the ~£60 up front, so not much difference. just
something to be aware of should you quit after a month