PlusNet Connection Problems ... anyone else ?

Old August 26th 03, 07:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mike Brougham

Default PlusNet Connection Problems ... anyone else ?

Hi Guys,

There are only 107 tickets in the PlusNet Tech Supt queue so thought I
would ask the *experts* on here while I'm waiting for some kind of a
response :-)

I cannot login to my Plusnet account via DSL, same a/c via dial-up is just
fine. Line is synched, 35db SNR, 22db ATT, all other settings look fine
but router syslog reports "LCP time-out" and cannot therefore establish a
PPPoA connection. Haven't had any unexplained probs before and it was fine
last night. No recent hardware or software changes. Have tried three test
logins as suggested by Plusnet but still no joy. BT say (analogue) line is
OK but cant do anything regards DSL aspects. Is anyone else having
problems ? Also, can someone please remind me of the BTnetwork test login
so that I can check things out bypassing Plusnet ? Hmmmm, had forgotten
just how bad analogue modems were ...

c h u g g i n g
a l o n g
a t
a l m o s t
3 0 0 0 0
B P S
r i g h t
n o w
w o w !

Yuk. Its not good :-(((((( TIA for any info or suggestions.

--
Mike
Old August 26th 03, 08:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Josey

"Mike Brougham" wrote in message
Hi Guys,

There are only 107 tickets in the PlusNet Tech Supt queue so thought I
would ask the *experts* on here while I'm waiting for some kind of a
response :-)

You could try ringing them for a maybe faster response.

I cannot login to my Plusnet account via DSL, same a/c via dial-up is just
fine. Line is synched, 35db SNR, 22db ATT, all other settings look fine
but router syslog reports "LCP time-out" and cannot therefore establish a
PPPoA connection. Haven't had any unexplained probs before and it was

fine
last night. No recent hardware or software changes. Have tried three

test
logins as suggested by Plusnet but still no joy. BT say (analogue) line

is
OK but cant do anything regards DSL aspects. Is anyone else having
problems ?

Working ok here, and their internal feedback forum has no similar
complaints, so it looks like it's local to you I'm afraid.

Also, can someone please remind me of the BTnetwork test login
so that I can check things out bypassing Plusnet ?

[email protected]_domain any password,

Jc.