Newbie: How do I manually configure my Speedtouch 510 V4?

Old August 27th 03, 12:35 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Spud Gun

Default Newbie: How do I manually configure my Speedtouch 510 V4?

I have a Speedtouch 510 V4 and I am looking to use it with my ISP
(Ireland On Line). Unfortunately my ISP only provide support for their
own USB modem (ZyXEL Prestige 630), and the installation CD works with
that modem only. So I need to manually configure my Speedtouch to work
with my ISP's PPPoE service. From what I understand, during the
installation of the BT modem, you are provided with the option to
select PPPoE. I dont get this option with the CD I got with my
Speedtouch as I bought it myself and it wasn't provided by any ISP.
When I install the modem, all I can do in the installation wizard is
set a username and password for my ISP account, and a username and
password for the router itself. Can anyone tell me what I need to do
to manually configure my router to get it online? Are there
configuration files located somewhere that can be edited to suit
different ISP's? I am not much use at this, so all help is greatly
appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
Old August 27th 03, 11:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"Spud Gun" wrote in message
om...
[...]

http://www.speedtouchprofiles.com/ may be able to help.