Anyone on BT Broadband or BTOpenworld having problems with PCAnywhere ?

Old August 27th 03, 09:10 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
A K

Default Anyone on BT Broadband or BTOpenworld having problems with PCAnywhere ?

BTO was in a mess yesterday with both Broadband and dial-up. Everything
seems ok this morning so try again it may be ok.

Angela

"Peter" wrote in message
I'm on Pipex and I'm trying to remotely log into a friend's PC (who is
on BT Broadband) using PCAnywhere. It has been working perfectly for
weeks but tonight I can't even 'ping' him. He is using Norton Internet
Security but I got him to disable that for the moment.

I read on ADSL Guide that BT Openworld have 'temporarily disabled'
some ports (including ping). Would this also apply to BT Broadband.

Is anyone else able to connect successfully as a remote to either a BT
Openworld or BT Broadband host, using PCAnywhere ?

Peter