Trying to run a web server with PlusNet.

Old August 27th 03, 09:27 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Goofball

Default Trying to run a web server with PlusNet.

Im am trying to get a web server working but am having problems getting it
to work.
I have told the web server to use port 80 and have told the router to
forward port 80 using the ip address of my local machine running the server.
But I can only connect to the static ip address given to me by plus net from
the local machine? Anyone know what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks for any advice.

Adam.

Old August 27th 03, 12:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Stephen Muir

"Goofball" wrote in message
But I can only connect to the static ip address given to me by plus net

from
the local machine?

Is that a question or a statement?

Everyone *else* connects to your web server by addressing the static address
(or the host name associated with it -- "goofball.plus.net" -- or whatever)
given to you by PlusNet.

Try testing using a dial-up modem to a different ISP from a PC other than
the web server OR ask a friend to test it out.

Old August 30th 03, 08:59 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Noel Bell

"Goofball" wrote in message
Im am trying to get a web server working but am having problems getting it
to work.
I have told the web server to use port 80 and have told the router to
forward port 80 using the ip address of my local machine running the

server.
But I can only connect to the static ip address given to me by plus net

from
the local machine? Anyone know what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks for any advice.

Adam.

Adam,

Try asking on plusnet.service.customer-feedback as there are several people
on there who are doing what you are trying AFAIK

Regards,

Noel