ADSL + old business ISDN line query

Old August 27th 03, 01:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve

Default ADSL + old business ISDN line query

Hi,

My exchange has recently been upgraded for ADSL which I'm now going to place
an order for. There is an old business IDSN line (ISDN2e I think it was
called) which still physically runs into the house but hasn't been used for
3-4 years now (contract cancelled). Will I need to tell anybody about this
old ISDN line when I place my order and are there any additional costs
incurred because of it? i.e. does it need to be removed first before the
ADSL line is installed?

Thanks for any advice,

Steve
Old August 27th 03, 02:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kráftéé

Steve wrote:
Hi,

My exchange has recently been upgraded for ADSL which I'm now going
to place an order for. There is an old business IDSN line (ISDN2e
I think it was called) which still physically runs into the house
but hasn't been used for 3-4 years now (contract cancelled). Will
I need to tell anybody about this old ISDN line when I place my
order and are there any additional costs incurred because of it?
i.e. does it need to be removed first before the ADSL line is
installed?

Thanks for any advice,

Steve

DSL is provided over POTS, therefore you have nothing to worry
about....

--
B-)
Life is pain.....

Old August 27th 03, 11:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris

"Kraftee" wrote in message
Steve wrote:
Hi,

My exchange has recently been upgraded for ADSL which I'm now going
to place an order for. There is an old business IDSN line (ISDN2e
I think it was called) which still physically runs into the house
but hasn't been used for 3-4 years now (contract cancelled). Will
I need to tell anybody about this old ISDN line when I place my
order and are there any additional costs incurred because of it?
i.e. does it need to be removed first before the ADSL line is
installed?

Thanks for any advice,

Steve

DSL is provided over POTS, therefore you have nothing to worry
about....

It depends on what you are wanting to do, if you are wanting ADSL
provisioned on a additional new line then maybe it will have to be removed
and replaced with a bog standard NTE5 Linebox first - well BT could run a
new cable from you premises to the local DP but I suspect they would just
re-use the existing pair that was used for ISDN after all new wire = more
time+money.

If you are just wanting it on an existing POTS line then the old ISDN
wouldn't make a blind bit of difference.

Chris

Old August 28th 03, 07:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Simon Heather

To order ADSL you will have to provide the phone number for the line - if
you don't have an anlogue line yet then you will need to order one first.
This analogue line may re-use the ISDN wires - it will be down to the BT
engineer.

- Simon.