I HATE broadband!!!

Old August 27th 03, 03:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andrew Scott

Default I HATE broadband!!!

I am having the worst time of my life right now with BT Broadband (NOT
Openworld). Problems started last night at around 11PM the modem kept
losing its signal and going into training again after a few seconds. When
it had done this a few times I had a look in my modem two arrows thingy
(lol) to see that everytime it lost and picked up the signal again, the
modulation changed from "G.DMT" to ALCTL (or something like that). I went
into my modem utility and told it to only use G.DMT which it is, and has now
been connected overnight. However I cannot access certain webpages, some
work, some dont. I cannot aceess any of the BT sites, and off the top of my
head maplin.co.uk either. The news servers is also buggered, in that I cant
access it even if everyone else can :P So I am bit fed up now. (BTW: I am
using: news.btopenworld.com - even though I prolly shouldnt). BT have
opened up a case for this fault, is anyone else experiencing it? They have
done at least 10 line tests and there all fine, they have pinged me god
knows how many times and thats fine as well. Only been using Broadband for
24 hours, and already I want dial-up back. In fac i am using dial-up to
send this post!!!
Andrew

Old August 27th 03, 03:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Hamman

snip the compaints

and you chose BTBroadband as your supplier why?

Old August 27th 03, 04:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
neil

I had no problems last night it may be the modem not the line or isp ?

---

Old August 28th 03, 02:58 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andrew Scott

neil wrote in message
I had no problems last night it may be the modem not the line or isp ?

It was all working fine one minute and went tits up the next. Ive had
enough of it, BTW: I chose BT Broadband for my ISP because they add the
payment onto my phone bill and for no other reason. I have phoned BT today
and my exact words to some poor sod on the phone was: "You know all those
engineers that are going to be phoing me back, and all the problems Ive
reported, just delete the lot of them, I am not interested any longer,
tomorrow, I am cancelling this sad excuse for an Internet Service, and am
phoning Telewest to supply both my Phone Line and Broadband Internet, take
your line, and shove it right up your arse, and I hope it hurts..." I then
put the phone down. On an O.T point, I got in a phone bill for £256.94 for
my 3 months and on closer inspection have been charged for all Local calls
made on my line. This is despite having Option 3 - The Anytime Plan at
£73.00 a quarter also written on my bill. I held on the line for an
"advisor" today for in excess of 45 minutes to get it sorted, and hung up
because i had to go to work. Still hasnt been sorted. Back to Broadband
however, I am also totally ****ED OFF at the fact when you phone BT
Broadband support on 08702 404650, instead of giving an engaged tone, a
stupid woman answers the phone and says "Thank you for calling, all lines
are busy, please try later", incurring a charge of 5P per call. I must have
pressed re-dial at least 30 time tonight, and will be getting re-imbursed
for all those 5p's, well, they can bloody wll take me to court and try and
make me pay the bloody things, Its not on.

Anyways, anyone thiking of getting Broadband, dont even think about BT, they
are liars, theifs and, well, plain bloody stupid. Im going with telewest
now. £25 installation for both phone and Internet, and its cheaper than BT
unlimited call thingy and all the rest. There are bound to be loads of
dissagreement here, but this is my experience with Bull**** Telecom and I
will not be using them ever again.
Andrew

Old August 28th 03, 09:16 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gerald Bruce

"Andrew Scott" wrote in message

neil wrote in message

Anyways, anyone thiking of getting Broadband, dont even think about BT,

they
are liars, theifs and, well, plain bloody stupid. Im going with telewest
now. £25 installation for both phone and Internet, and its cheaper than

BT
unlimited call thingy and all the rest. There are bound to be loads of
dissagreement here, but this is my experience with Bull**** Telecom and I
will not be using them ever again.
Andrew

Good on yer mate, if I had a choice I would do the same.

Gerry.

Old August 28th 03, 10:26 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Cupra

Andrew Scott wrote:
neil wrote in message
I had no problems last night it may be the modem not the line or
isp ?

It was all working fine one minute and went tits up the next. Ive
had enough of it, BTW: I chose BT Broadband for my ISP because they
add the payment onto my phone bill and for no other reason. I have
phoned BT today and my exact words to some poor sod on the phone
was: "You know all those engineers that are going to be phoing me
back, and all the problems Ive reported, just delete the lot of
them, I am not interested any longer, tomorrow, I am cancelling this
sad excuse for an Internet Service, and am phoning Telewest to
supply both my Phone Line and Broadband Internet, take your line,
and shove it right up your arse, and I hope it hurts..."

snip

Unfortunately they get away with treating people like this because they know that the 'competition' is not yet in a position to threaten them - I suffer from the 'fibre in line' BT problem so as soon as someone else can offer me Broadband, I'll be junking BT as well!

---
Old August 28th 03, 11:40 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kráftéé

Kraftee wrote:
Cupra wrote:
Andrew Scott wrote:
neil wrote in message
[...]

But they do, you can always go sattellite, or did you mean anybody
who can offer you broadband as cheap (or cheaper).

If you're so desperate for broadband you can always move you know,
or is that to expensive as well.

I won't tell you that there are plane afoot to rectify your problem
(inside BT) as you obviously won't be interested....

ooppps typo..

there are plans afoot

Aren't smellcheckers wonderful :-)

--
B-)
Life is pain.....

Old August 28th 03, 05:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Cupra

Kraftee wrote:
Kraftee wrote:
Cupra wrote:
Andrew Scott wrote:
neil wrote in message
[...]

I've thought about satellite, but 3 dishes on my front wall would be a bit too much! I have heard rumblings about a fibre solution (via 3rd parties), but can't get any sense out of BT themselves, hence my antipathy to them - and as for NTL......!

---
Old August 28th 03, 05:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kráftéé

Cupra wrote:
Kraftee wrote:
Kraftee wrote:
Cupra wrote:
Andrew Scott wrote:
neil wrote in message
[...]

Well you don't like Satellite, you don't like BT & you don't like NTL,
just who else is there???
--
B-)
Life is pain.....

Old August 28th 03, 06:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin Cooper

"Kraftee" wrote:

snip
I won't tell you that there are plane afoot to rectify your problem
(inside BT) as you obviously won't be interested....

ooppps typo..

there are plans afoot

Aren't smellcheckers wonderful :-)

Hi,
do you mean using the existing copper in some exchanges (that was
originally put in to support things like redcare) for ADSL ? If so, the
latest status for various exchanges is available here
http://makeashorterlink.com/?U5B921BB5 on adslguide. Apparently, some TPON
exchanges are already ADSL enabled, and quite a few are to be enabled in the
next 6 months or so.

--

Martin