Wireless Headphones and Mike

Old August 31st 03, 01:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Les Desser

Default Wireless Headphones and Mike

We are successfully using ADSL to talk over the Internet.

Does anyone know of an economical way to go wireless so that the speaker
and mike can be remote from the PC - in the form of a headset and
attached mike.

Thanks.
--
Les Desser
Old August 31st 03, 04:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Les Desser

In article , Kevin
writes

"Les Desser" ] wrote in message
We are successfully using ADSL to talk over the Internet.

Does anyone know of an economical way to go wireless so that the speaker
and mike can be remote from the PC - in the form of a headset and
attached mike.

I know a mate is using the same thing,
But he has a standard Bluetooth headset and mike, with a usb bluetooth
adaptor.

That would do me fine. I cannot find a set that combines both headset
and mike, so a hint from your mate would be most welcome.
--
Les Desser
Old August 31st 03, 08:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Richard

for a mobile phone?
"Les Desser" ] wrote in message
In article , Kevin
writes

Old August 31st 03, 08:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David W.E. Roberts

"Les Desser" ] wrote in message
In article , Kevin
writes

"Les Desser" ] wrote in message
We are successfully using ADSL to talk over the Internet.

Does anyone know of an economical way to go wireless so that the

speaker
and mike can be remote from the PC - in the form of a headset and
attached mike.

I know a mate is using the same thing,
But he has a standard Bluetooth headset and mike, with a usb bluetooth
adaptor.

That would do me fine. I cannot find a set that combines both headset
and mike, so a hint from your mate would be most welcome.
--
Les Desser

Try http://www.geekzone.co.nz for Bluetooth info.
AFAIK all the bluetooth headsets have a microphone as well - they are after
all mainly designed as handsfree headsets for mobile phones.
However these tend to be mono, hanging off one of your ears.
Can't help with a stereo BT headset with mic.
HTH
Dave R

Old August 31st 03, 08:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris

In article , Les Desser
] writes
We are successfully using ADSL to talk over the Internet.

How? That's what I would like to do!

Does anyone know of an economical way to go wireless so that the
speaker and mike can be remote from the PC - in the form of a headset
and attached mike.

And when I can do it - I share that need also - so I hope you are
successful!
--
Chris
Old September 1st 03, 07:20 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Daniel Cohen

amstereofan wrote:

Going OT here but is there a pair of bluetooth wireless earphones available
now for personal radio's, MD players etc ?

Don't know about Bluetooth, but there are plenty of wireless headphones
available (you say 'earphones', so perhaps you want something small,
though). My experience is that even moving one's head can cut out
reception or reduce it dramatically.
--
Send e-mail to the Reply-To address;
mail to the From address is never read
Old September 1st 03, 11:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Les Desser

In article , Richard
writes
"Les Desser" ] wrote in message
In article , Kevin
writes

"Les Desser" ] wrote in message
We are successfully using ADSL to talk over the Internet.

Does anyone know of an economical way to go wireless so that the

speaker
and mike can be remote from the PC - in the form of a headset and
attached mike.

I know a mate is using the same thing,
But he has a standard Bluetooth headset and mike, with a usb bluetooth
adaptor.

That would do me fine. I cannot find a set that combines both headset
and mike, so a hint from your mate would be most welcome.
--
Les Desser

for a mobile phone?

No - to connect to the speaker output and mike input of a PC.
--
Les Desser
Old September 1st 03, 11:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Les Desser

In article ], Chris ]
writes
In article , Les Desser
] writes
We are successfully using ADSL to talk over the Internet.

How? That's what I would like to do!

Google for PicoPhone. There are others but this is free, works, and
only needs 1 port to be forwarded on an ADSL NAT router.

I'm using a Plantronics headset and mike combination (I think it was
about 30) but you can use the speakers and a separate mike - though
then you have to be careful of feedback.

Does anyone know of an economical way to go wireless so that the
speaker and mike can be remote from the PC - in the form of a headset
and attached mike.

And when I can do it - I share that need also - so I hope you are
successful!

I am happy to sit at my PC to speak, but the other party wants to be
able to walk about and move into an other room.
--
Les Desser
Old September 1st 03, 11:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Les Desser

In article , David W.E.
Roberts writes
Try http://www.geekzone.co.nz for Bluetooth info. AFAIK all the
bluetooth headsets have a microphone as well - they are after all
mainly designed as handsfree headsets for mobile phones. However these
tend to be mono, hanging off one of your ears.
Can't help with a stereo BT headset with mic.

Found page http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=903 there
that seems to be appropriate. Thanks.
--
Les Desser
Old September 2nd 03, 08:15 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris

In article , Les Desser
] writes
In article ], Chris ]
writes
In article , Les Desser
] writes
We are successfully using ADSL to talk over the Internet.

How? That's what I would like to do!

Google for PicoPhone. There are others but this is free, works, and
only needs 1 port to be forwarded on an ADSL NAT router.

Got Picophone - thanks. Looks good.
Only recently started using a router - so don't know about port
forwarding yet. Is it straightforward? (Netgear DG 814)

I'm using a Plantronics headset and mike combination (I think it was
about 30) but you can use the speakers and a separate mike - though
then you have to be careful of feedback.

I'll look for that. I suppose both parties need to be on ADSL?
--
Chris