Netgear DG814 +Steam + Nildram = lock-ups

Old September 14th 03, 07:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
brainstuff

Default Netgear DG814 +Steam + Nildram = lock-ups

Hi
I've been running firmware v4.4 for a long long time with no troubles - till
I installed Steam and Counter Strike 1.6 yesterday (9 irretrivable hours of
my life) - since then, blammo - back to router lock-ups - especially when
trying to exit steam, either the proper way (shutting down or steam crashing
on its arse).

Tried firmware 4.8 yesterday, no joy. Going to try 4.9 now - will report on
findings!

I'm on Nildram Home 500 lite by the way.

Anyone else been jinxed by Steam? Did this warrant a new thread?
cheers
Tom

Old September 14th 03, 07:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
brainstuff

"brainstuff" wrote in message

Tried firmware 4.8 yesterday, no joy. Going to try 4.9 now - will report

on
findings!

Haha my findings are that can't find v4.9 on netgear.com. Anyone have any
useful ideas? All I could find on google was French pages - zut alors!

Old September 14th 03, 07:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Richard Whitcombe

http://snurl.com/2bpu

Old September 14th 03, 07:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
brainstuff

"Richard Whitcombe" wrote in message

http://snurl.com/2bpu

Thanks for that - are there any security implications or settings I need to
tweak?
cheers
Tom