ISP's and Peer 2 Peer

Old September 14th 03, 08:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
dave

Default ISP's and Peer 2 Peer

Are there any ISP's that block Peer 2 Peer. like kazza?

Thinking about signing up to tiscali, after a bad experience with Freeserve

Any help greatly appreciated
Old September 14th 03, 09:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kráftéé

dave wrote:
Are there any ISP's that block Peer 2 Peer. like kazza?

Thinking about signing up to tiscali, after a bad experience with
Freeserve

Any help greatly appreciated

Check the terms & conditions as some (well at least one) offers a
lower price service which does prohibit P2P but most don't (at the
moment)...

--
B-)
Life is pain.....

Old September 14th 03, 10:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
paul

"Kraftee" wrote in message
dave wrote:
Are there any ISP's that block Peer 2 Peer. like kazza?

Thinking about signing up to tiscali, after a bad experience with
Freeserve

Any help greatly appreciated

Check the terms & conditions as some (well at least one) offers a
lower price service which does prohibit P2P but most don't (at the
moment)...

Plusnet blocked p2p and binary newsgroups on their cheaper package, but for
a couple of pounds extra you can have access to these features

Old September 15th 03, 01:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
eusty

I'm not with Tiscali but I haven't heard much good news about them :-(

--

(¯`·._.· All Outgoing Mail Scanned With Norton Anti-Virus 2003 ·._.·´¯)

Old September 15th 03, 04:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Stig Bronson

"eusty" wrote in message
I'm not with Tiscali but I haven't heard much good news about them :-(

I would avoid them like the plauge. I was happy with lineone until Tiscali
took them. Overnight the binary newsgroups vanished - the connections became
unreliable and the it took over a year to get them to stop adding charges to
my phone bill. BT had to disconnect me and reconnect me with a new account
number to get rid of them.

Some people are happy with them - I guess it depends on what you want for
your money. I know from my dealings with them that if they were the only ISP
on the planet - I'd not bother with the net.