BT-Yahoo!

Old September 21st 03, 06:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Motorcyclesaur

Default BT-Yahoo!

Hi Everyone,

I am one of the BTO clients who have been "invited" to upgrade to BT-Yahoo.
The ad says that there is a new browser that should be downloaded, but to be
honest I don't want it.

My questions a

1. Has anyone already upgraded to BT-Yahoo?

2. Can you skip the new browser and plug-ins download and installation?

3. If you do not upgrade, what is it going to happen?

Thank you for your help.

M.

Old September 21st 03, 07:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Jenkins

On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 17:46:26 +0100, "Motorcyclesaur"
wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I am one of the BTO clients who have been "invited" to upgrade to BT-Yahoo.
The ad says that there is a new browser that should be downloaded, but to be
honest I don't want it.

Hi,

An initial FAQ on the migration is available at http://snurl.com/2bsd.

--
Andy Jenkins
UK Broadband Usergroup : http://www.uk-bug.net
Old September 21st 03, 10:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
jsp21c

You don't need to download the BT Yahoo browser if you prefer to use your
own choice of browser.

You can just use your own browser to go to bt.yahoo.com and sign in using
your BT email address & account password to check your account details when
needed.

If you already have a Yahoo account, make sure you are logged out before
trying to sign into BT.Yahoo otherwise you will be taken to a Yahoo page.

Old September 22nd 03, 09:19 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Motorcyclesaur

"Motorcyclesaur" wrote in message

My questions a

Thank you very much guys :-)

I will most likely disconnect from BTO around half October as I am moving to
a new house (unless they come out with an amazing offer, which I doubt), and
by reading the FAQs it seems that at this stage it is not worth to upgrade
to BT-Yahoo.

I will probably reconnect on a 1MB cable or ADSL (again, subject to
interesting offers in the future).

Thank you again.