Port forwarding on Conexant 4 port adsl router

Old October 17th 03, 01:05 AM posted to uk.media.broadband,uk.telecom.broadband
Graham Russell

Default Port forwarding on Conexant 4 port adsl router

I've been playing for hours and I can't get port forwarding to work on my
Conexant (Dabs value) 4 port adsl modem/router.

The documentation I've read implies it works and with the latest firmware
version from Amigo's web site (CA6XR-GN.0924.00T)
the gui has all the right controls to set it up. I've mapped the ports on
the Virtual Server page to the local IP address.

I'm trying to enable web and telnet traffic into a local Unix server. From
the LAN I'm able to access both services OK, but if I use the public WAN
address it appears that the router is not forwarding the traffic onto the
LAN.

Has anyone with this router managed to get port forwarding to work?

Thanks,

Graham.

-------------------------------------
Graham Russell Photography
www.grahamrussell.info

Old October 17th 03, 01:09 PM posted to uk.media.broadband,uk.telecom.broadband
Slugsie

"Graham Russell" wrote in message
. ..
I've been playing for hours and I can't get port forwarding to work on my
Conexant (Dabs value) 4 port adsl modem/router.

The documentation I've read implies it works and with the latest firmware
version from Amigo's web site (CA6XR-GN.0924.00T)
the gui has all the right controls to set it up. I've mapped the ports on
the Virtual Server page to the local IP address.

I'm trying to enable web and telnet traffic into a local Unix server. From
the LAN I'm able to access both services OK, but if I use the public WAN
address it appears that the router is not forwarding the traffic onto the
LAN.

I had this router before now, and it threw me for a little while. Basically,
you cannot use your external address to access services on your own LAN.

To test that you've set things up correctly, the best thing to do is get a
mate to try it from their PC on their own internet connection.

--
/Slugsie