SWAPPING YOUR LINE?

Old October 19th 03, 03:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rocky

Default SWAPPING YOUR LINE?

Had a BT engineer around yesterday testing my line. Looks like I'm going to
fail again (60+), however, he did suggest that I ask BT to change my line
for a line capable of receiving ADSL!

Any one tried this?

Old October 19th 03, 10:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
winston

"Rocky" wrote in
:

Had a BT engineer around yesterday testing my line. Looks like I'm
going to fail again (60+), however, he did suggest that I ask BT to
change my line for a line capable of receiving ADSL!

Any one tried this?

yes i have heard of this and will soon be trying myself. be aware though
that it is not guarenteed to work and you *must* specify at the time of
ordering the new line that you require it to be fit for adsl. therefore if
it doesn't work you can get your money back.

i live in an urban area with an enabled exchange but i'm told my line is
not good enough for adsl so this is my only hope. otherwise i'm stuffed.