Freeserve

Old December 5th 03, 05:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PhilÅ

Default Freeserve

Hello

I have just cancelled my subscription to NTL BB, yahoo fantastic I say.....

I am looking for a ADSL company and was wondering about Freeserves trial.

Now, if I go for the trial, then cancel within the 1st month. They will
charge me nothing.. But they have paid for the adsl on my line to be
activated.
Now if I go with someone else, say plusnet, will they transfer it ok, or
have a moan about it????

Cheers and thanks in anticipation..

Old December 5th 03, 05:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Hiram Hackenbacker

On Fri, 5 Dec 2003 17:02:46 -0000, "PhilÅ"
wrote:

I am looking for a ADSL company and was wondering about Freeserves trial.

Now, if I go for the trial, then cancel within the 1st month. They will
charge me nothing.. But they have paid for the adsl on my line to be
activated.
Now if I go with someone else, say plusnet, will they transfer it ok, or
have a moan about it????

It can't be transferred as such. It would be a cease and re-provide.
This means that you could be without service for a few days and may
have to pay any prevailing installation fee to your second ADSL
provider.

--
Hiram Hackenbacker
Old December 5th 03, 05:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Don Pearce

wrote:

Hello

I have just cancelled my subscription to NTL BB, yahoo fantastic I say.....

I am looking for a ADSL company and was wondering about Freeserves trial.

Now, if I go for the trial, then cancel within the 1st month. They will
charge me nothing.. But they have paid for the adsl on my line to be
activated.
Now if I go with someone else, say plusnet, will they transfer it ok, or
have a moan about it????

Cheers and thanks in anticipation..

It costs real money to provision you for ADSL. You are clearly a
freeloader (Labour voter presumably?) and don't deserve any sort of
service. I trust the sales and marketing departments of all providers
have by now marked your card and will refuse you any kind of
connection. In particular, please do not try to go with Plusnet; I use
them and really have no wish to find sponges like you clinging to the
network.

You want the service? Pay your money.

_____________________________

http://www.pearce.uk.com
Old December 5th 03, 05:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PhilÅ

wrote:

[...]

Dom, you are boring, Freeserve shouldn't offer this service if they don't
expect people to take advantage of it..
They shouldn't charge such a high price in the first place.

Old December 5th 03, 06:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark Ford

"Mugwump" wrote in message

Since Freeserve don't support migration, I would be worried about how
long it takes them to cease the adsl on your line if you cancelled
within the month. I would not be surprised if they dragged their heels
on that.
You've cost them, they will probably make you suffer.
Cynical? ... Me?
--
Mugwump

I should be able to provide some info on this soon. I requested cancellation
of my FSBB service on Tuesday (02/12) and was told it would take a couple of
days. Still active yesterday, checked again and was told it could be 10-15
days! Have taken no chances with their Worldpay billing though (which is due
on the 11th) as I've cancelled that myself now.

I intend to signup with Plusnet (1Mb if possible, else same 512Kb) as soon
as line goes dead!

Mark.

Old December 5th 03, 07:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PhilÅ

"Mark Ford" wrote in message
"Mugwump" wrote in message

[...]

Mark,
Please keep us updated, thanks

Old December 5th 03, 07:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PhilÅ

(1Mb if possible, else same 512Kb) as soon
as line goes dead!

Mark.

Mark,
Please keep us updated, thanks

You still wouldn't gain anything by doing this. Once you cancel, the
ADSL will be taken off the line and you will end up paying your new ISP
the going rate for a new connection.
--
Mugwump

Reply-to address is ignored.
Reply to 'usenetmail{at}discworld{dot}org{dot}uk

You would gain a months free ADSL..

Old December 5th 03, 08:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"PhilÅ" wrote in message

You still wouldn't gain anything by doing this. Once you cancel, the
ADSL will be taken off the line and you will end up paying your new ISP
the going rate for a new connection.

You would gain a months free ADSL..

and them you would suffer up to 2 weeks downtime as BT Wholesale will take 5
days to remove the ADSL equipment from your line and only then will you be
able to order ADSL from another ISP (paying the 2nd ISP's installation
charge)

Regards
Sunil

Old December 6th 03, 07:08 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Informer

"Mugwump" wrote
Since Freeserve don't support migration, I would be worried about how
long it takes them to cease the adsl on your line if you cancelled
within the month. I would not be surprised if they dragged their heels
on that.

My brother-in-law made a complaint to OFTEL about the lack of migration from
Freeserve. Freeseve have now agreed to it and my brother-in-law is now
migrating to Nigram

Old December 6th 03, 11:13 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PhilÅ

surly THEY HAVE NO RIGHT TO REFUSE YOU IF IT ISN'T IN THE T&c'S
"Mugwump" wrote in message news:[email protected]
In article , Informer
said......

"Mugwump" wrote
Since Freeserve don't support migration, I would be worried about how
long it takes them to cease the adsl on your line if you cancelled
within the month. I would not be surprised if they dragged their heels
on that.

My brother-in-law made a complaint to OFTEL about the lack of migration

from
Freeserve. Freeseve have now agreed to it and my brother-in-law is now
migrating to Nigram

But I doubt that they would be willing to migrate you from a free 1
month trial account.