Can Linksys broadband/wifi routers run inbound/outbound access lists?

Old December 5th 03, 05:13 PM posted to comp.dcom.sys.cisco,uk.telecom.broadband
Walter Roberson

Default Can Linksys broadband/wifi routers run inbound/outbound access lists?

In article ,
Peter wrote:
:My GF is getting one of these soon. I've had lots of problems with
:getting probed from what looks like infected external machines, but
:I've got a Cisco 803 on which you can set this up...

Linksys has a lot of different models. I don't know if any of them
has what you would recognize as access lists. I see a review for
the WAPG54G that indicates you can configure what outbound users
can connect to. I see indications that the WAP54G that you can
filter based upon MAC address (up to 20).

Hmmm, a number of the Amazon reviews for the WAP54G are pretty harsh.
I know though, that a number of people think that BEFSR41 is pretty
good, and the V equivilent is said to be quite good as long as
you stick to release 3 instead of release 4. So it appears that
experiences differ a lot based upon model and version.
--
Reviewers should be required to produce a certain number of
negative reviews - like police given quotas for handing out