Cannot access Hotmail on broadband

Old December 5th 03, 07:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tipu Sattar

Default Cannot access Hotmail on broadband

I've got a Westell 2100 ADSL modem. Virgin are my broadband isp.

I just cant log into my hotmail account. After I type in my username
and password it comes back after a few minutes saying 'Page cannot be
displayed...'.

At first I thought it might be that the Hotmail site was down however
I've also noticed problems with some other secure sites. e.g. I can
log onto the BT site but then if I click on certain pages to do with
my telephone account the same thing happens. All this odd behaviour
does not occur if I use a dial-up account.

This started happening for the last two weeks. I cannot think what has
changed.

I thought it mite have been some setting on my laptop so I connected
my desktop directly to the westell modem and I still cannot access
Hotmail. Desktop is using Win XP Home, Laptop has got Win XP Pro.

I have one other suspicion - that is it's the broadband connection.
Virgin have given me endless problems (moving soon so cant be bothered
to change). Only recently have they managed to give me 24/7
uninterrupted connection although they always charged for it anyways.

Anyone got any ideas?

Tipu
Old December 5th 03, 09:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On 5 Dec 2003 11:44:36 -0800, (Tipu Sattar)
wrote:

Anyone got any ideas?

MTU settings can give similar symptoms, for example being able to use
Google but not read any of the results.

see
http://www.virgin.net/announcements/broadband/

Phil
Old December 13th 03, 04:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tipu Sattar

wrote:

Anyone got any ideas?

MTU settings can give similar symptoms, for example being able to use
Google but not read any of the results.

see
http://www.virgin.net/announcements/broadband/

Phil

That sorted it out! Thanks. No thanks to virgin informing me that
they've changed their settings.