Modem sensitivity.

Old December 6th 03, 07:25 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Informer

Default Modem sensitivity.

I have a SpeedTouch USB Modem and a spare SpeedTouch 330. I am on
Broadband at 63dB but do suffer from very occasional loss of sync, which can
also occur if the phone rings or just drops out for no apparent reason. I
was just wondering if some modems are better for fringe areas? Does anyone
have a view on which is the best modem out of the SpeedTouch USB Modem and
the SpeedTouch 330? Comments please.

Old December 6th 03, 07:55 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
aj

"Informer" wrote in message
I have a SpeedTouch USB Modem and a spare SpeedTouch 330. I am on
Broadband at 63dB but do suffer from very occasional loss of sync, which

can
also occur if the phone rings or just drops out for no apparent reason.

was just wondering if some modems are better for fringe areas? Does

anyone
have a view on which is the best modem out of the SpeedTouch USB Modem and
the SpeedTouch 330? Comments please.

I'd focus on the filters you have, ensure they are installed in the correct
manner for the phones you have.