ADSL noise on phone

Old December 6th 03, 03:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nick

Default ADSL noise on phone

I can hear the noise of ADSL on the phone during calls.

I'm guessing it might be that I'm using a cheap setup...?!

The BT installation comes in from the line to the Master socket, from which I
have a very sort lead to another socket into which I have a filter & the phone
plugged into that. The line continues from the terminals in that second
socket upstairs where there is another socket which has another filter in for
the digital cordless phone, and continues from the terminals on that socket
into the back bedroom where it goes straight to the modem card in the PS.

I can hear the whistle of ADSL on the phone downstairs when it's on, but it's
totally clear when it's not
There's no noise on the cordless phone...

I'm using six quid filters I got from the local PC fair with the twenty quid
Connexant internal modem...

Might it help if I bought a more expensive filter, or even completely new
master & slave sockets... this I realise will be more expensive...!
--
Nick in Northallerton
nrw7 on Yahoo! Messenger & nickw7coc on MSN Messenger too !
Old December 6th 03, 04:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul

Nick wrote:

I'm using six quid filters I got from the local PC fair

I use Ebuyer filters which cost around a quid, snip a wire and the filter
works better.

Maybe you're in luck and can improve your filter...

http://adsltech.7host.com/forum/foru...p?TID=158&PN=1

--
Paul

Old December 6th 03, 11:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nick

- And on Sat, 06 Dec 2003 16:04:58 +0000, it was spake thus said in message Paul :

Nick wrote:

I'm using six quid filters I got from the local PC fair

I use Ebuyer filters which cost around a quid, snip a wire and the filter
works better.

Maybe you're in luck and can improve your filter...

http://adsltech.7host.com/forum/foru...p?TID=158&PN=1

Thanks Paul, will play another day...