New ISP but no ADSL service....yet.

Old December 6th 03, 06:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Spectreman

Default New ISP but no ADSL service....yet.

Hello

Jumped ship from Homechoice and have just started with Bulldog.

I received my Netgear DM602 router/modem and had some difficulty
setting it up.

Very helpful support ran me through settings and the conclusion was it
was a line/BT problem. Another tech ran through a few tests and
concluded that my connection was all upstream and nothing downstream
and said he would log the fault with BT, this was yesterday 5.30pm

Anyone else had a similar fault/problem? Just wondering when I wil be
able to ditch this dial up!
:-)

Cheers
Old December 6th 03, 06:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"Spectreman" wrote in message
om...
Jumped ship from Homechoice and have just started with Bulldog.

I received my Netgear DM602 router/modem and had some difficulty
setting it up.

Very helpful support ran me through settings and the conclusion was it
was a line/BT problem. Another tech ran through a few tests and
concluded that my connection was all upstream and nothing downstream
and said he would log the fault with BT, this was yesterday 5.30pm

Anyone else had a similar fault/problem? Just wondering when I wil be
able to ditch this dial up!

You're in Putney no?

Other people on your exchange dont seem to have this problem so its unique
to you..

BT probably won't fix it until monday if a physical visit is required but
their faults team work 24/7 so they may be able to remotely fix it sooner
than that.

I would just try with your ADSL router from time to time.. and see if it
works.

Regards
Sunil

Old December 6th 03, 06:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tim

I had a line problem when switching from dial-up to ADSL. Reported the
fault to Freeserve on the Saturday and it was fixed remotely by BT
first thing Tuesday.

In message , Sunil Sood
writes
. com...

--
Tim Westcott
Old December 7th 03, 01:55 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin²

If my experience is anything to go by it's the Netgear DM602, mine was cr*p,
wasted a week before I returned it. Regards, Martin

Old December 7th 03, 10:09 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Spectreman

"Martin²" wrote in message ...
If my experience is anything to go by it's the Netgear DM602, mine was cr*p,
wasted a week before I returned it. Regards, Martin

Well, I updated the firmware on the DM602 so I don't think it's the
problem. It seems to be living up to it's side of things. I'm no
expert 'tho :-)
Old December 7th 03, 11:14 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Spectreman

"Sunil Sood" wrote in message ...
[...]

Thank you Sunil. At least it looks like something that won't take too
long? I hope :-)

Here are some grabs of the status of the DM602 for anyone that can
interpret them. I am sure all other settings are correct, as in user
name and pass and having the Netgear set to 'router' and not
'modem'.

http://homepage.mac.com/mike_mg/Modem1.tiff

http://homepage.mac.com/mike_mg/Modem2.tiff

I am using an iMac DV 400 and OS X Panther.

Cheers