Please help set up a Conexant CA64E on BT Open World

Old December 7th 03, 12:14 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,comp.sys.acorn.networking,comp.sys.acorn.misc
Chris MacNeil

Default Please help set up a Conexant CA64E on BT Open World

Hi -

I need help from someone who has set up a Conexant CA64E (4-port)
router with BT Open World.

I have read several postings, have been to numerous sites, followed
all the procedures in the manual backwards and forwards and have
phoned the BT support line - all to no avail!

I know the modem / router itself is working fine as it was used with
Zen till just recently. I have shorted J7 several times in an effort
to reset it.

Can someone please help? Either email or phone would be great -
please drop me a line at and I will phone you back.

Thanks,
Chris
Old December 7th 03, 09:15 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,comp.sys.acorn.networking,comp.sys.acorn.misc
Tim Howarth

In message
Tim Howarth wrote:

In message
(Chris MacNeil) wrote:

I need help from someone who has set up a Conexant CA64E (4-port)
router with BT Open World.

http://www.farina1.com/megaspeed/Pip..._AMX-CA6xE.pdf

Or;

http://www.adslguide.org.uk/qanda.asp?faq=DSLHardware

--
___
Old December 7th 03, 09:39 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,comp.sys.acorn.networking,comp.sys.acorn.misc
Steven Pampling

In article ,
Chris MacNeil wrote:
Hi -

I need help from someone who has set up a Conexant CA64E (4-port)
router with BT Open World.

Try www.xtreme.pipex.net/adsl/support work your way through the interactive
menuing note the settings info (download it to a file and print it?)

Insert the correct BT version username and password rather than a pipex
version.

Then consider why you went to BT instead of an ISP that hands out detailed
step by step instructions...

[Snip]

Can someone please help? Either email or phone would be great -
please drop me a line at and I will phone you back.

Bad form.
Question on a newsgroup normally gets an answer on the newsgroup - that way
more people benefit from the information.

Old December 7th 03, 10:24 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,comp.sys.acorn.networking,comp.sys.acorn.misc
Chris MacNeil

druck wrote in message ...
On 7 Dec 2003 (Chris MacNeil) wrote:
I need help from someone who has set up a Conexant CA64E (4-port)
router with BT Open World.

Got one here commected to PlusNet. What do you want to know?

---druck

Not entirely sure what I need to know. The modem connected fine to
Zen, but I did that config over a year ago and have forgotten when I
did.

I am trying to connect the modem to BTO. From that I want to set up a
LinkSys wireless hub to host 2 - 3 PC's. I am trying to do the set up
with 1 PC connected directly to the router; ideally I want either the
router or the hub ( I suspect it should be the hub) to act as a DHCP
server). The PC and router appear to communicate with each other.
Also the router appears to recognise the connection (on the home page
it shows a link up to and down from the Net.) However BT cannot see
me connected. Also the Ready light is constantly flashing; in the
past when I have established a connection, it was on solid.

I have used all the default settings of the router and have changed
only the settings that BT require. I am on PPPoA VC-MUX, put in my
username, put in my pw (blank for BT). The only thing I can see
having an effect is the Default Gateway. When I leave it as 10.0.0.2
and ping to an IP address on the Net, I get "Request timed out". When
I change it to something else, I get "Reply from 10.0.0.2: Destination
host unreachable".

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Chris
Old December 7th 03, 11:30 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,comp.sys.acorn.networking,comp.sys.acorn.misc
Harry Bloomfield

"Chris MacNeil" a utilisé son clavier pour écrire :
I have used all the default settings of the router and have changed
only the settings that BT require. I am on PPPoA VC-MUX, put in my
username, put in my pw (blank for BT). The only thing I can see
having an effect is the Default Gateway. When I leave it as 10.0.0.2
and ping to an IP address on the Net, I get "Request timed out". When
I change it to something else, I get "Reply from 10.0.0.2: Destination
host unreachable".

Any thoughts?

Just a suggestion.....

Why not post a copy of your AMX's 'Connection Log' so we can see what
it is doing?

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT)...

Remove the 'NOSPAM' in my email address to reply.

Free Amateur Radio Courses:-
http://www.ukradioamateur.org

Old December 7th 03, 11:59 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,comp.sys.acorn.networking,comp.sys.acorn.misc
Sunil Sood

"Chris MacNeil" wrote in message
om...
I have used all the default settings of the router and have changed
only the settings that BT require. I am on PPPoA VC-MUX, put in my
username, put in my pw (blank for BT). The only thing I can see
having an effect is the Default Gateway. When I leave it as 10.0.0.2
and ping to an IP address on the Net, I get "Request timed out". When
I change it to something else, I get "Reply from 10.0.0.2: Destination
host unreachable".

Any thoughts?

Are you sure you are connecting via BT Openworld? (i.e.
?)

If so, they require a password.

Its BT Broadband who don't need one.

If using BT Broadband try putting one in anyway, BT Broadband will ignore
it but your router may need it to work properly.

Also you may wnt to see if you can get the BT test login to work (details at
http://www.thecaretaker.org.uk/troub...ing.htm#bttest)

Regards
Sunil

Old December 7th 03, 12:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,comp.sys.acorn.networking,comp.sys.acorn.misc
Tim Howarth

In message
Harry Bloomfield wrote:

"Chris MacNeil" a utilisé son clavier pour écrire :
I have used all the default settings of the router and have changed

Any thoughts?

Just a suggestion.....

Why not post a copy of your AMX's 'Connection Log' so we can see what
it is doing?

What do you see in ADSL and in PPP status ?

There is a BY test connection you could try if it's a login problem.

--
___
Old December 7th 03, 09:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,comp.sys.acorn.networking,comp.sys.acorn.misc
Peter Morgan - 0870 432 9631

On 6 Dec 2003, (Chris MacNeil) wrote:

I need help from someone who has set up a Conexant CA64E (4-port)
router with BT Open World.

Just to let folks know that Chris now has got this online... it is
on BT Broadband and we don't know quite what triggered the correct
PPP connection (perhaps the diagnostic test run woke it up :-)

Chris will no doubt be looking out for news / e-mail services
(if you're looking, Chris, check with
http://groups.google.com
and someone will already have posted of BT servers which are usable
by BT Broadband customers, though aren't 'supported' 'provided' or
[by BT Broadband/BT Openworld] documented as being usable :-) PGM