BB install then phone quieter?

Old December 7th 03, 01:30 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
levista

Default BB install then phone quieter?

Hi all,

Since i`ve had freeserve broadband installed, the phone line seems quieter.
My setup is very simple and dull, the microfilter goes into the main phone
socket and connects to my pc and the phone. No sky box etc.

When a phone conversation is taking place, the caller seems quieter, as if
further away and you cant hear background noise usually (as an example of
whats different). The caller can hear me fine.

Contacted freeserve who gave me a "call bt faults" response which seemed to
be a stock answer.

Anyone encountered anything similar and managed to get it resolved? A friend
of mine has the exact same problem.

Old December 7th 03, 11:17 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham

On Sun, 07 Dec 2003 01:30:35 +0000, levista wrote:

Hi all,

Since i`ve had freeserve broadband installed, the phone line seems
quieter. My setup is very simple and dull, the microfilter goes into the
main phone socket and connects to my pc and the phone. No sky box etc.

When a phone conversation is taking place, the caller seems quieter, as if
further away and you cant hear background noise usually (as an example of
whats different). The caller can hear me fine.

Contacted freeserve who gave me a "call bt faults" response which seemed
to be a stock answer.

Anyone encountered anything similar and managed to get it resolved? A
friend of mine has the exact same problem.

It could be a faulty microfilter. Try plugging the phone directly onto the
socket without the microfilter. Check the level of the dialtone. If it's
louder, it's the microfilter. If it makes no or little difference try a
different phone. If the line level is still low, report it as a telephone
problem to BT. You can even do it on line.

Graham.