Disconnecting Telewest modem from main cable outlet

Old December 7th 03, 11:46 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
BJ

Default Disconnecting Telewest modem from main cable outlet

I have just had Telewest Broadband Internet installed. The connection
from the modem to the main wall outlet means running a cable through
my front room. Is it safe to disconnect the connection at the wall and
only re-connect when I need to use the internet? I have disconnected
briefly and it works, just worried that prolonged disconnection might
cause problems.
Old December 7th 03, 12:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dawn Killick

"BJ" wrote in message
om...
I have just had Telewest Broadband Internet installed. The connection
from the modem to the main wall outlet means running a cable through
my front room. Is it safe to disconnect the connection at the wall and
only re-connect when I need to use the internet? I have disconnected
briefly and it works, just worried that prolonged disconnection might
cause problems.

No problems here, had it disconnected for almost three weeks in November
whilst I was in Greece - connected it back up and it worked first time like
a treat (mine's a SURFboard SB4100).

Old December 7th 03, 06:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
BJ

"Dawn Killick" wrote in message ...
"BJ" wrote in message
om...
I have just had Telewest Broadband Internet installed. The connection
from the modem to the main wall outlet means running a cable through
my front room. Is it safe to disconnect the connection at the wall and
only re-connect when I need to use the internet? I have disconnected
briefly and it works, just worried that prolonged disconnection might
cause problems.

No problems here, had it disconnected for almost three weeks in November
whilst I was in Greece - connected it back up and it worked first time like
a treat (mine's a SURFboard SB4100).

Did you actually disconnect the coaxial cable that connects to the
outside cable? I want to do that and re-connect each time I go online.
I know it detracts from the always on principle but it beats having a
big white cable across my front room all the time!