Speedtouch 510E or 530?

Old December 7th 03, 02:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
FireFox

Default Speedtouch 510E or 530?

Hi all,

First of all, thanks to all who responded to my previous query "Advice on
ADSL Modem/Router - Please!" of 19th Nov.

I've been working away from home since then, so I'm just getting round to
sorting things out. I've posted the following message on the ADSLguide forum
at http://tinyurl.com/y3v7, so apologies to anyone reading it for a 2nd
time, and I've had no replies so far.

Anybody here have any advice?

TIA
--------

I'm looking for some advice from users of the Speedtouch 510E (the one with
a single ethernet port) or the 530 (or, hopefully, someone with experience
of both).

I had convinced myself that what I needed to connect to my newly enabled
exchange was a Speedtouch 510E, since I already have a 10/100 Switch, with
plenty of spare ports, and a separate Wireless Access Point. Now, when
looking at the www.dslsource.co.uk web site, I find that I can get the 530
for the same price!

So, given that I could make a limited amount of use of the USB connection,
for my laptop (which also has wired and wireless network connections
available), are there any other advantages (or, indeed, disadvantages) of
the 530 over the 510?

(Further info: My laptop runs XP Pro, but the rest are a mix of 95/98/2k.)

TIA

Foxy :-)~

---

Old December 7th 03, 03:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
FireFox

Default Speedtouch 510E or 530? Further question.

"FireFox" wrote in message
[...]

Also, can anybody confirm that the note beside the 530 on the Eclipse.net.uk
Hardware page (http://www.eclipse.net.uk/index.cfm?...entialhardware)
which reads "PLEASE NOTE: The 530 can be used for USB OR ethernet but not
both at the same time." is in fact WRONG? I've definitely got the impression
from the Speedtouch site that although you can't use the USB connection for
some of the setup, once set-up, you CAN use USB AND ethernet concurrently.
Can any user confirm?

Foxy :-)~

---