Tiscali 150K question

Old December 7th 03, 05:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark W

Default Tiscali 150K question

Has anyone got Tiscali's £15.99 service that uses P2P a lot? I'd like to
know what they allow in the way of file sharing and downloads.

Old December 7th 03, 05:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steven Burn

I've got the 256K package, and it's slower than my old AOL dial-up, so I
wouldn't even contemplate reccomending the 150K package. (P2P works fine
though btw).

--

Regards

Steven Burn
Ur I.T. Mate Group
www.it-mate.co.uk

Keeping it FREE!

Disclaimer:

Old December 7th 03, 05:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kráftéé

Mark W wrote:
Has anyone got Tiscali's £15.99 service that uses P2P a lot? I'd
like to know what they allow in the way of file sharing and
downloads.

Try going to....

http://www.tiscali.co.uk/products/br...ode=NN-HB-0282

& reading for yourself, just skimming thru I found at least one ref to
sharing copyrite material

Old December 7th 03, 08:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Darren Lambert

"Mark W" [email protected] wrote in message
Has anyone got Tiscali's £15.99 service that uses P2P a lot? I'd like to
know what they allow in the way of file sharing and downloads.

Other messages in this group suggest Tiscali are a bad isp, try considering
another ISP, Plusnet and Nildram seem the most popular

Old December 7th 03, 10:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Harry Bloomfield

"Darren Lambert" a pensé très fort :
"Mark W" [email protected] wrote in message
Has anyone got Tiscali's £15.99 service that uses P2P a lot? I'd like to
know what they allow in the way of file sharing and downloads.

Other messages in this group suggest Tiscali are a bad isp, try considering
another ISP, Plusnet and Nildram seem the most popular

Tiscali's 256k has worked fine here for the past twelve months, apart
from the odd few isolated glitches from July to November. Always full
speed download, though their ng server is pretty useless.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT)

Old December 7th 03, 11:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steven Burn

I've been on the 256K package for a few weeks and have yet to find
something/anything that would justify saying it has "worked fine". I've had
nothing but trouble (from extremely slow connections to intermittent
disconnections, to staff that are completely and utterly useless (and liars
too!!) + lots more besides).

--

Regards

Steven Burn
Ur I.T. Mate Group
www.it-mate.co.uk

Keeping it FREE!

Disclaimer:

k...

Old December 8th 03, 01:19 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul

"Mark W" [email protected] wrote in message
Has anyone got Tiscali's £15.99 service that uses P2P a lot? I'd like to
know what they allow in the way of file sharing and downloads.

I fail to understand whay anyone would want to pay £19.99 a month for a
256kbps service from a dodgy setup like Tiscali when there are so many
decent 512kbps providers available for not much more cost.

Have a look at any of these and save yourself a load of hassle:

http://www.freedom2surf.net/
http://www.xtreme.pipex.net/
http://www.ndo.com/
http://www.plus.net/
www.nildram.co.uk

Paul

Old December 8th 03, 10:49 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Harry Bloomfield

"Steven Burn" a exprimé avec précision :
I've been on the 256K package for a few weeks and have yet to find
something/anything that would justify saying it has "worked fine". I've had
nothing but trouble (from extremely slow connections to intermittent
disconnections, to staff that are completely and utterly useless (and liars
too!!) + lots more besides).

I can only speak as I find.....

I have been with Tiscali about 13 months on their 256k service, Nov
2002 though to the present. During that time their was not not even the
slightest hiccup in their service until July 2003. Since July I have
had one disconnection, since July their newsgroup server has been
pathetically poor at times, since July I have had the occaisional poor
service from their email server though for the past month it has been
fine. Instead of using Tiscali's ng server I use the German university
one. Whenever I have been downloading they have run at full speed
throughout the 13 months. From Nov to July I was actually provided with
a 512K service.

I have also used P2P throughout that time... When downloading from a
good source files have been downloaded at full speed and I have never
had a problem with capping as a result of the quantity of material I
have downloaded.

I agree that their staff privide pathetic service, but then so do most
ISP's working on a shoe string. I would describe myself as regular and
at times meduium to heavy user.

Prior to Tiscali I used NTL which was far, far worse in all respects
and for the most part unusable.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT)...

Remove the 'NOSPAM' in my email address to reply.

Free Amateur Radio Courses:-
http://www.ukradioamateur.org