Eclipse Setup ??

Old December 7th 03, 09:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Whiteflyer

Default Eclipse Setup ??

I have orderd ADSL from Eclipse, and would like to ask other Eclipse users if
they send any sort of setup disk.

I have bought a Speedtouch 510v4 router separately and would need to know how to
set it up for a static IP with Eclipse.

Mark

--
No e-mail address here please reply via newsgroup

Old December 7th 03, 09:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Morgan - 0870 432 9631

On Sun, 7 Dec 2003 21:26, "Whiteflyer" wrote:

I have bought a Speedtouch 510v4 router separately and would need to
know how to set it up for a static IP with Eclipse.

The static IP is allocated from their end, and your router (if it's
like any of the ones I've set up) will "learn" from the ISP without
you needing to do anything special. More important is that you get
the correct login details (sent to you by e-mail, perhaps, or from
the 'your account' ADSL tracking to be found on their website) so
you have a username such as (where
zzzzzzz will be a string of digits) and the other settings VPI = 0
VCI = 38 (and on your PC, that it knows the gateway is the IP of
the router). Good luck !! Peter M.
Old December 9th 03, 06:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Malcolm Reeves

On Sun, 7 Dec 2003 21:26:18 +0000 (UTC), "Whiteflyer"
wrote:

I have orderd ADSL from Eclipse, and would like to ask other Eclipse users if
they send any sort of setup disk.

No just setup details on a piece of paper - all you need. You'll get
an email telling you an install date. If you log in to eclipse with
your username that you ordered with then you should have pages, your
account, etc. that have all the details you need to set up.

--

....malcolm

Malcolm Reeves BSc CEng MIEE MIRSE, Full Circuit Ltd, Chippenham, UK
, or ).
Design Service for Analogue/Digital H/W & S/W Railway Signalling and Power
electronics. More details plus freeware, Win95/98 DUN and Pspice tips, see:

http://www.fullcircuit.com or http://www.fullcircuit.co.uk

NEW - Desktop ToDo/Reminder program (free)
Old December 9th 03, 09:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Whiteflyer

Thanks
I have got the email from eclipse today, and put my username and
password in to the router, will have wait and see if it all works on Monday
(activation date)

Mark

Old December 10th 03, 09:55 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Malcolm Reeves

On Tue, 9 Dec 2003 21:24:09 +0000 (UTC), "Whiteflyer"
wrote:

Thanks
I have got the email from eclipse today, and put my username and
password in to the router, will have wait and see if it all works on Monday
(activation date)

What does the router say? My exchange was in the process of being
upgraded so initially my router say line failure. Then on a saturday
this changed to auth failure, i.e. BT had finished install and it all
worked but eclipse had yet to enable my username. Logging in to
eclipse and sent message to sales - "please turn on my username
today". Saturday afternoon I was up and running :-). Excellent
service from eclipse :-).

So, if you are just getting auth failure you might not have to wait
until Monday.

Malcolm

Old December 10th 03, 11:12 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Whiteflyer

The router says ModemLine Down.

I guess I have to wiat for the DSL light to turn green before I try again.

Mark