Slow inbound traffic through Netgear Router FM114P

Old December 8th 03, 09:59 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
dannyboy

Default Slow inbound traffic through Netgear Router FM114P

I have a blueyonder 1Mb cable broadband connection at home. I have a
Netgear FM114P WAP, Firewall and router that I connect through from
the PCs I have at home. When used from home I get the full speeds
expected. However when I try to connect from another site to the web
server I am running internally through the router I can connect
successfully, so the ip address is correct and all services are
running, but the bandwidth is reduced from 70-80Kbps to 1-2Kbps.

I tried plugging the cable connection directly into the NIC on my web
server PC and the bandwidth is fully available again so it can't be
something to do with the ISP or connection but the router or it's
configuration.

I have set up port forwarding for HTTP and FTP only. Everything else
is blocked as well as no reponse being sent to pings.

Does anyone have any idea what this reduction in bandwidth could be
due to ? I have searched all over and seen some things like 'bit
torrent' but not sure if they'll help. If anyone knows of a good
resource for this or knows the answer you will have saved me the last
few shreds of sanity I cling to.

thanks again

Dan