call centre

Old December 8th 03, 03:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nice Chap

Default call centre

Accent :

A characteristic pronunciation, especially:
1.. One determined by the regional or social background of the speaker.
2.. One determined by the phonetic habits of the speaker's native language
carried over to his or her use of another language.

Old December 8th 03, 04:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bat Guano

Paul Cummins wrote:

Which English accent? Estuary? Queens? Oxford?

Bozostoke.

Old December 8th 03, 05:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul Cummins

In article , [email protected]
(Bat Guano) wrote:

Paul Cummins wrote:

Which English accent? Estuary? Queens? Oxford?

Bozostoke.

Given that I don't live in Basingstoke, and only resided there for 3.5
years, why would I have a Basingstoke accent? And, if I do, which
Basingstoke accent would you suggest I have, the Estuary variant or the
Hampshire variant?

--
Paul Cummins - Always a NetHead
Wasting bandwidth since 1981

begin Once upon a time there was a badly broken newsreader...