NTL Broadband in Non-Cable areas of Lincolnshire

Old December 8th 03, 02:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Derrick Fawsitt

Default NTL Broadband in Non-Cable areas of Lincolnshire

I have been told by NTL that shortly before of immediately after
Christmas they will have come to an agreement with BT and will be able
to offer me BB at 17 pm approx. I presently am on the 15 pm dialup
deal which is quite goon but am unsure if I should wait for this
proposed offer or to go with PlusNet right now. I am aware the quality
of PlusNet but as I am already with NTL would I be better to hang on.

Your comments and any info about whether this offer is well founded
would be greatly appreciated.
--
Derrick Fawsitt
Old December 8th 03, 02:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Derrick Fawsitt

In message , Derrick Fawsitt
writes
I have been told by NTL that shortly before of

correction...or
immediately after Christmas they will have come to an agreement with
BT and will be able to offer me BB at 17 pm approx. I presently am on
the 15 pm dialup deal which is quite goon

Correction...good
but am unsure if I should wait for this proposed offer or to go with
PlusNet right now. I am aware the quality of PlusNet but as I am
already with NTL would I be better to hang on.

Your comments and any info about whether this offer is well founded
would be greatly appreciated.

Just noticed my typing errors above, so sorry and I hope you will still
answer my query.
--
Derrick Fawsitt
Old December 9th 03, 12:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Derrick Fawsitt

In message , Derrick Fawsitt
writes
I have been told by NTL that shortly before of immediately after
Christmas they will have come to an agreement with BT and will be able
to offer me BB at 17 pm approx. I presently am on the 15 pm dialup
deal which is quite goon but am unsure if I should wait for this
proposed offer or to go with PlusNet right now. I am aware the quality
of PlusNet but as I am already with NTL would I be better to hang on.

Your comments and any info about whether this offer is well founded
would be greatly appreciated.

Very disappointed I did not get a reply to this as I am not the only one
that I am sure is fed up with the recent problems with NTL dialup. If
anyone has any news re NTL's plans please respond.
--
Derrick Fawsitt
Old December 9th 03, 05:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Derrick Fawsitt

In message , Joe
writes
I was expecting follow ups to this thread also - i can only assume
no-one else knows anything more than you do. what was the exact source
of your information?

Hi Joe.

I was phoning their help desk, their Home service, and the girl told me
she had been told the above information but they had not yet decided on
the price.

ntl have cables running past the company i work for and they said that
if we'd had ntl prior to Feb 2003 then they could have reconnected us.
We would have been a new customer to them but they wont entertain us at
all because we have an annual spend of 30k/year on telecom services and
we'd need to spending 40k to make it worth their while!!

they did say things may change in November but still nothing.

I was also told by another chap that it could be due shortly just before
Christmas or immediately afterwards.

i wouldnt hold out much hope somehow. it is ntl we're talking about.

I won't.

luckily i have adsl at home though :-)

And I am just about to sign up for PlusNet.

Thank you Joe for at least confirming that I am not "invisible", I was
beginning to think so.

--
Derrick Fawsitt
Old December 10th 03, 09:02 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Derrick Fawsitt

In message , Joe
writes

I have a feeling that this could all be just hot air from ntl - nothing
has appeared on the register website or adslguide which is where i would
have expected to find out something.

if you don't have the links derek, keep you eyes on
www.theregister.co.uk & www.adslguide.org.uk

something official may break on there if it is true what they're saying.

Thanks Joe, however I have already taken the plunge and signed up for
PlusNet Broadband, all I need to do now is to cancel my NTL Freedom and
already I am having trouble doing that. First of all I don't seem to be
able to do it on the telephone but have to write to them. While I don't
think confirming in writing is a bad thing, I feel I should be able to
pick up the phone to cancel them first. If anyone has had experience of
terminating NTL I would be grateful for advice. Meanwhile thanks for all
your help here.
--
Derrick Fawsitt
Old December 10th 03, 10:14 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Derrick Fawsitt

In message , Mugwump
writes
In article , Derrick Fawsitt said......

[...]

You're not the only one having trouble cancelling NTL Freedom. Strange
that everything including bills is done on the phone/internet and then
you have to cancel by letter.

Anyway, I did that, giving the statutory 30 days notice and also
informed them that my DD would be cancelled 3 days after their normal
collection date. It works out that my cancellation came into effect a
week after my billing date, so I'm still waiting for them to either
attempt to collect the standard 15 from my bank or send a snotty letter
asking. Since I only did a week on the new billing period, I only intend
to pay them 4 which is the pro-rata amount.

I have had no feedback from them whatsoever acknowleding my
cancellation.

Make sure that you cancel any DDs. I've got the feeling that they will
continue to take the money otherwise.

What useful advice, I intend to cancel them right now and also
immediately cancel my direct debit, adding in my letter that any final
payments legally due would be paid by me directly by cheque, that puts
me in the driving seat.
Perhaps that might be an idea for others, what do you think?
--
Derrick Fawsitt
Old December 10th 03, 11:06 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kevin

In ,
Mugwump typed:

I have had no feedback from them whatsoever acknowleding my
cancellation.

That's no great shock with NTL. I was with them (TV, Phone and ISP)
until August. I also sent them a letter giving the required 30 days
notice (in Mid July). I heard nothing from them confirming it until
someone came to collect my digibox.

Make sure that you cancel any DDs. I've got the feeling that they

will
continue to take the money otherwise.

Oh, they will. I cancelled my DD as well and they are still (4 months
later) sending me monthly bills (for 1) for non DD payment, the
latest one takes me up to Christmas Day. I've sent them more letters,
including a copy of my original cancellation letter, but still the
bills keep coming. Good old NTL.

--
Kevin