Error 721 : BT Broadband

Old December 9th 03, 12:59 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
manckevin

Default Error 721 : BT Broadband

Anyone offer a suggestion on this.

I signed up for the BTBroadband (NOT BTo/BTY/BTi) 1meg Trial and it went
live yesterday. On attempting to connect this morning, all I got was a long
delay then a message about Error 721 and the remote computer not responding.

After some arguing with BTB Support, it seems a line test finally resolved
the problem, and I connected at the promised 1meg. This evening, due to a
computer freeze, I had to re-connect, and got the same again, although a few
attempts later it did go through.

What I am wondering is if there is any correlation between the error
messages and my product change (i.e. 500k to 1meg). A couple of google
searches throw up a horror story about someone who had their account
cancelled and another that said "this error is normally caused by an
inconsistance by an inconsistancy in the data held on our database against
that which BT have."

If anyone has any suggestions about what I can do, should there be a
re-occurence, I would be most grateful.

--

Kind regards,

Kevin Brock

Old December 9th 03, 01:37 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jim Crowther

In message , manckevin
writes:

What I am wondering is if there is any correlation between the error
messages and my product change (i.e. 500k to 1meg).

Observation of requests to be downgraded suggest yes.

It looks like a BT problem, I suspect a marketeer got in before the
techs had proved the product, or even more likely the pushers of this
'solution' chose dormice for testers, only gave them a few days to test
it, and got a pay rise as a result. The poor punters who bought in are
yet again shafted.

--
Jim Crowther "It's MY computer" (tm SMG)
Avoid more swen by dumping your old Usenet addresses, and
Old December 9th 03, 03:07 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
manckevin

"Jim Crowther" wrote in message
.. .
| In message , manckevin
| writes:
|
| What I am wondering is if there is any correlation between the error
| messages and my product change (i.e. 500k to 1meg).
|
| Observation of requests to be downgraded suggest yes.
|
| It looks like a BT problem, I suspect a marketeer got in before the
| techs had proved the product, or even more likely the pushers of this
| 'solution' chose dormice for testers, only gave them a few days to test
| it, and got a pay rise as a result. The poor punters who bought in are
| yet again shafted.

I wasn't "downgraded" )

Additionally, it may well be unproven, or at least with BTB, but they did
start mentioning this a couple of months ago, and I pre-registered for the
trial on 29 October. Surely that's enough time to at least *try* to get
*something* right?

Kevin