Pipex is better

Old December 9th 03, 08:24 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
melter

Default Pipex is better

I recently had an email informing me of "downtime" with my 1mb account due
to BT maintenance.

Since the maintenance, the speed has been really good!

I am getting consistent d/ls of around 115k a sec (which seems much better)

Is this the going rate for a 1mb service?

PS Well done Pipex!

Old December 9th 03, 07:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tony1that matters

"melter" wrote in message
I recently had an email informing me of "downtime" with my 1mb account due
to BT maintenance.

Since the maintenance, the speed has been really good!

I am getting consistent d/ls of around 115k a sec (which seems much

better)

Is this the going rate for a 1mb service?

PS Well done Pipex!

From www.adslguide.org with a Xyzel Prestige 650 using Nildram 1.0 Mb
connection.

Downstream 942 Kbps (117.8 KB/sec) 1017 Kbps (inc. overheads)

Upstream 258 Kbps (32.3 KB/sec) 278 Kbps (inc. overheads)
Most downloads seem restricted to 75 to 80 KB/sec indicating I think that
the server tother end is slow ?
Tony
--
Inkylink JetTec UK Quality - Wot others wanna-be
Epson 950 C70/80/82 Lighfast pigmented inks. Canon