Help please - intermittent frequent loss of bband and voice

Old December 9th 03, 05:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul Reeve

Default Help please - intermittent frequent loss of bband and voice

As in the title: Over the last three or four days I have been suffering
intermittent loss of either ADSL (plusnet), voice calls or both. The voice
calls end up with the message about the number you have called not being
recognised. ADSL will stay up for anything between 15 seconds and a couple
of hours or not connect at all.
Anyone any ideas - is it likely a line problem or is it likely to be a duff
filter - or something else?. Constant resetting of the router (I have 2 x
PCs networked) doesnt usually do anything. I have had very little trouble
for about 15 months.
Thanks in advance
--
Paul

Old December 9th 03, 06:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"Paul Reeve" wrote in message
Anyone any ideas - is it likely a line problem or is it likely to be a

duff
filter - or something else?. Constant resetting of the router (I have 2 x
PCs networked) doesnt usually do anything. I have had very little trouble
for about 15 months.

If your voice calls are being affected (as well as ADSL) try reporting it to
BT on 151 or online via http://www.btwebworld.com/athome/repair/fpr/

I don't think its likely to be your filter in that case - though you could
always try unplugging all your ADSL equipment (+filters) and seeing if the
problem still occurs

Otherwise its an ADSL fault and you would have to report it to your ISP and
let them contact BT for you.

Regards
Sunil