FS: Networking Bits

Old December 10th 03, 10:55 AM posted to uk.adverts.computer,uk.adverts.other,uk.telecom.broadband
Night Walker

Default FS: Networking Bits

hello,

I have the folowing networking bits for sale as a package...

1x unbranded 8port 10/100 network hub & PSU
2x PCI network cards with Drivers
1x 5m straight through network cable
1x 10m straight through network cable

im after 35.00 + 15.00 recorded mail postage and packing.

eMail me at
mailto
Remove the NOSPAMFORME before the @ if you're intrested.

---

Old December 10th 03, 11:53 AM posted to uk.adverts.computer,uk.adverts.other,uk.telecom.broadband
tHatDudeUK

"Mugwump" wrote in message news:[email protected]
In article , Night Walker said......
im after 35.00 + 15.00 recorded mail postage and packing.

Or go to ebuyer and get the same for 36 + 4 postage.

Exactly...!

Old December 10th 03, 01:27 PM posted to uk.adverts.computer,uk.adverts.other,uk.telecom.broadband
Night Walker

well, Mugwump, fom what i've seen around usenet groups that ebuyer are
sometimes poor at sending goods out.... anyone else agree with me on that?!

--
Mugwump

Reply-to address is ignored.
Reply to 'usenetmail{at}discworld{dot}org{dot}uk

---

Old December 10th 03, 02:27 PM posted to uk.adverts.computer,uk.adverts.other,uk.telecom.broadband
Seb

True for some people... never had a problem with them myself, but yet still
people use them because they cheap :-)

Old December 10th 03, 02:40 PM posted to uk.adverts.computer,uk.adverts.other,uk.telecom.broadband
David Hearn

I ordered a MMC card from them and then found that it was too slow for my
camera (videos would stutter due to not being able to record fast enough).
I ordered a SD card instead from them, completed an online RMA authorisation
and sent the MMC card back. They happily refunded the cost of the MMC card
(minus delivery charge) without question or "optional restocking fee".

I did opt for the standard 5 day delivery or whatever it was, and they do
appear to have a policy of holding onto the goods and shipping so that it
gets to you on or the day before the 5 days is up - unlike Dabs who have a
3-5 day delivery option but can very well end up being next day.

I've no complaints about them - apart from the delivery policy - though
seeing as it arrived by the date they said it would at time of ordering, I
can't actually complain.

Old December 11th 03, 10:22 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Morgan - 0870 432 9631

On 10 Dec 2003, Mugwump wrote:

Never had a problem with delivery or product quality in 6 purchases from
them. Unfortunately people only throw brickbats when things go wrong.

Understandably so... I wouldn't dismiss them, but my own set of purchases
includes a variety of items, most worked fine, some came DoA and I lost
out as I'd paid for delivery in both directions.

Changing the product that is supplied can be frustrating. I got some nice
5-port 10/100 switches with a low profile, but when ordering more (which
had the same 5-digit order code, but price had dropped a bit) the new ones
were nasty lumpy units in cream (rather than black) and the refund of cost
for them being DoA was of limited consolation.

I'm still happy with 8-port switch, wireless keyboard, AR11, AR41, etc,
etc, and wouldn't tell people to steer clear (as I have previously seen
in some posts) but not 100% happy (and it does make me consider other
suppliers when I look for hardware), as you can imagine. Peter M.
Old December 11th 03, 02:20 PM posted to uk.adverts.computer,uk.adverts.other,uk.telecom.broadband
Zane Wilson

In article ,
David Hearn wrote:
and sent the MMC card back. They happily refunded the cost of the MMC card
(minus delivery charge) without question or "optional restocking fee".

I've never had problems returning stuff to them. Their eNotes can take a
while to get answered, but it's better than email.

I did opt for the standard 5 day delivery or whatever it was, and they do
appear to have a policy of holding onto the goods and shipping so that it
gets to you on or the day before the 5 days is up - unlike Dabs who have a
3-5 day delivery option but can very well end up being next day.

Ebuyer used to be like that (next day delivery no matter what option
selected). They either wised up that people weren't bothering with the
more expensive next-day options because of that, or arranged a different
contract with their shippers which gives them savings and actually takes 5
days as a result.

Zane.
Old December 11th 03, 02:53 PM posted to uk.adverts.computer,uk.adverts.other,uk.telecom.broadband
David Hearn

"Zane Wilson" wrote in message
In article ,
David Hearn wrote:
[...]

Nope, the thing I orded came via recorded delivery and was posted 2 days
before the 5 day limit was up. Both times it arrived in 1 day, but First
Class can be 2 days.

Old December 14th 03, 09:41 PM posted to uk.adverts.computer,uk.adverts.other,uk.telecom.broadband
Ian Stirling

In uk.telecom.broadband Night Walker wrote:
well, Mugwump, fom what i've seen around usenet groups that ebuyer are
sometimes poor at sending goods out.... anyone else agree with me on that?!

I've had better experiences ordering from them than from random spammers.
No problems in 6 or 10 orders.
Old December 15th 03, 10:36 AM posted to uk.adverts.computer,uk.adverts.other,uk.telecom.broadband
Donald Campbell

In article , Ian Stirling
writes
In uk.telecom.broadband Night Walker wrote:
well, Mugwump, fom what i've seen around usenet groups that ebuyer are
sometimes poor at sending goods out.... anyone else agree with me on that?!

I've had better experiences ordering from them than from random spammers.
No problems in 6 or 10 orders.

We've had loads of bits from them, with no difficulties.

BR
Don C