torpoint - an exchange in limbo - what's the story?

Old December 11th 03, 09:27 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
robert w hall

Default torpoint - an exchange in limbo - what's the story?

For several months now I've noticed Torpoint in the south-west list of
'triggered' exchanges which have not yet had a service date set.

So I went to have a look at the registration record on adslguide.
Apparently back in June/July Torpoint had about 250 registrations but no
target set. Then, on July 11th with 270 registrations on the books a
target of 500 was set, and the remaining 230 registrations were achieved
in 4 days!
Since then, five months gone, nothing has appaently happened ...

On the face of it, this looks like commendable community work, (aided by
Council-sponsorship?), the sort of thing it's in BT's interest to
encourage, thwarted by BT then not keeping their side of the bargain...

Anyone know the story?
Bob

--
robert w hall
Old December 11th 03, 09:48 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nick Shaw

"robert w hall" wrote in message
For several months now I've noticed Torpoint in the south-west list of
'triggered' exchanges which have not yet had a service date set.

So I went to have a look at the registration record on adslguide.
Apparently back in June/July Torpoint had about 250 registrations but no
target set. Then, on July 11th with 270 registrations on the books a
target of 500 was set, and the remaining 230 registrations were achieved
in 4 days!
Since then, five months gone, nothing has appaently happened ...

On the face of it, this looks like commendable community work, (aided by
Council-sponsorship?), the sort of thing it's in BT's interest to
encourage, thwarted by BT then not keeping their side of the bargain...

Anyone know the story?
Bob

--
robert w hall

Have a look at www.adslguide.org.uk . There is a story on the front page.

Cheers

Nick

Old December 11th 03, 10:06 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
robert w hall

In article , Nick Shaw
writes

Anyone know the story?
Bob

--
robert w hall

Have a look at www.adslguide.org.uk . There is a story on the front page.

Cheers

Nick

Fine, my bad - (that article doesn't show easily on Google yet...
excuses)
--
robert w hall
Old December 11th 03, 07:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
robert w hall

In article , Nick Shaw
writes

Anyone know the story?
Bob

--
robert w hall

Have a look at www.adslguide.org.uk . There is a story on the front page.

Cheers

Nick

oops thanks missed that :-
the issue is that that there's an undersea section of cable which needs
a wayleave from the DoT - didn't pick that up when I only quickly
checked Google
Bob

--
robert w hall