Fast24, for real

Old December 11th 03, 10:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Hiren

Default Fast24, for real

Hi all,

What is the 1mb service like with Fast24. Currently with Eclipse 512
service, but the prices are tempting me to jump ships.

Has anyone done any speedtest and ping tests. Please post them.

Are there any known issues or problems with Fast24, cos there not on
Adslguide.org.uk!

Cheers,

Hiren.

Old December 12th 03, 03:40 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
tHatDudeUK

"Hiren" wrote in message
What is the 1mb service like with Fast24. Currently with Eclipse 512
service, but the prices are tempting me to jump ships.

I am using them now. However, it took years (actually about 2 months) to get
connected. You'll need to cancel your current connection and order fast24. I
was left a long while without ADSL. I have read they have improved a little
in this area though. The service is good. No more down time than when I was
with BTOpenwoe.

Has anyone done any speedtest and ping tests. Please post them.

Should be some on the fast24 forums. I use it for downloading and gaming
etc. I can get pings of around 20-30 on some CS game servers with my
Speedtouch USB modem (supposedly makes the ping time longer.) I sometimes
have ping spikes. Whether this is due to me downloading things at the time
or hardware issues at my end i can't be certain.

Are there any known issues or problems with Fast24, cos there not on
Adslguide.org.uk!

Check out the fast24 forums for such info.

If you're in London you might like to consider bulldogdsl's services.