New firmware for DG834G

Old December 13th 03, 03:21 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
-=

Default New firmware for DG834G

Firmware version 1.03.00

http://www.netgear.com/support/suppo...asp?dnldID=562

Summary of mods and bugfixes:

1. Improved Wireless throughput.
2. Improved reliability of FTP upload. This was caused by blocking certain
ICMP error messages.
3. Improved ping times.
4. DynDNS improvements.
5. Improved PPP stability for Always Connected.
6. Fixed PPTP passthrough to allow server on LAN.
7. Updated Any(All) Service to include all IP protocols. Previously only TCP
and UDP.
8. Changed length of PPP username and password fields to support 63
characters.
9. Fixed various bugs in non-English GUI.
10. Improved formatting of Logs.

Running it now... will give feedback on whether it appears the dropped and
not reconnected problem is resolved... time will tell (a day or two).

--
-= a q u a b u b b l e =-
http://www.aquabubble.org/ReAuthorist/

Old December 13th 03, 09:30 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Morgan - 0870 432 9631

On 13 Dec 2003 "-= a q u a b u b b l e =-" wrote:

Firmware version 1.03.00
http://www.netgear.com/support/suppo...asp?dnldID=562
Summary of mods and bugfixes:

Thanks for that. I've often thought that fast changing firmware was
a sign of insufficient testing... not a selling point "plus" :-) PGM
Old December 21st 03, 11:31 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
simon miller

-= a q u a b u b b l e =- wrote:

-= a q u a b u b b l e =- wrote:

Firmware version 1.03.00

Running it now... will give feedback on whether it appears the
dropped and not reconnected problem is resolved... time will tell (a
day or two).

Well it's been 48 hours and not one loss of connection - in my opinion this
was the biggest flaw in the original router's firmware. This seems to be
fixed thank goodness... and I for one have no other major problems to
report.

I didn't have a problem with the original flash, but no problems with
the new one. Havn't tried the new WPA-PSK option. Looks to be a step
in the right direction but I don't know how useful this feature is?
Simon