Phone dead but ADSL still works??

Old December 13th 03, 12:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Craigy

Default Phone dead but ADSL still works??

Phone dead but ADSL still works??

Any ideas on this one guys ?? It got me stumped, but then again im no
expert. Any help realy would be appreciated.
Thanks
Old December 13th 03, 12:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"Craigy" wrote in message
om...
Phone dead but ADSL still works??

Any ideas on this one guys ?? It got me stumped, but then again im no
expert. Any help realy would be appreciated.

Yes, it can happen and does quite a bit. I believe this is as ADSL can work
with only one wire connected/working while a telephone requires two..

If you think the reason for the phone not working is a network fault (and
not your telephone/local wiring) call BT on 151/0800 800 151 and log a
fault.

If you have no access to working phone line you can also log a fault online
via http://www.bt.com/faultplace/faultpage.jsp

Regards
Sunil

Old December 13th 03, 12:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gus

not working as in?

- Phone can't call out when DSL active? probably a faulty filter.
- Phone not work at all? you've been cut off, ADSL takes longer so find out
why, had this happen to me when a BT payment went through slowly. Phone was
cut off and then few days later my ADSL and got a nice reconnection fee for
BOTH, took 2 months for BT to take the blame for not processing the payment
on time and arefund of connection fee's.

Old December 13th 03, 01:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jim Smith

This happened to me a couple of months back.
Turned out to be a fault on the line outside and/or a fault in the (old)
connection box as it entered the house.
Voice phone was down but ADSL still worked. Somehow.

Call BT!

Jim.

om...

Old December 13th 03, 01:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave Stanton

On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 04:16:44 -0800, Craigy wrote:

Phone dead but ADSL still works??

Any ideas on this one guys ?? It got me stumped, but then again im no
expert. Any help realy would be appreciated. Thanks

Actually had this happen with an Origo 8400 ADSL router 2 weeks ago.
Broadband ok, but no outgoing /incoming voice calls. Faulty router.

Dave

Old December 13th 03, 03:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Cyberdog

On 13 Dec 2003 04:16:44 -0800, (Craigy) wrote:

Phone dead but ADSL still works??

Any ideas on this one guys ?? It got me stumped, but then again im no
expert. Any help realy would be appreciated.

Yes ADSL will work over one wire.