BT Broadband Max Download/Upload question

Old December 13th 03, 03:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark

Default BT Broadband Max Download/Upload question

I have BT Broadband with BT Voyager ADSL Modem 576kbps. Can anyone
tell me if BT have maximum download/upload restrictions? Just
discovered BitTorrents and want to leave the PC on overnight.

Also do NTL Broadband have maximum download/upload restrictions?

Thanks

Mark
Old December 13th 03, 08:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
AndyJenkins

Theres a theoretical 1gb a day limit for BT Broadband, but I've yet to
see any evidence of enforcement of this "rule". Until personally
advised otherwise, I would use the service as you want (provided you
dont break the AUP of course )

--== Providing access to UK Broadband ISP Newsgroups ==--
Old December 14th 03, 12:15 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian Stirling

AndyJenkins wrote:
Theres a theoretical 1gb a day limit for BT Broadband, but I've yet to
see any evidence of enforcement of this "rule". Until personally
advised otherwise, I would use the service as you want (provided you
dont break the AUP of course )

Do read the contract.
This is probably grounds for terminating your account (if mentioned in
the AUP) and may result in annoying downtime.
It would be an annoying move on behalf of the ISP, but that has not
stopped a lot of annoying moves in the past.