my vote 4 broadband website

Old December 13th 03, 04:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kolicha \(vinnieza\)

Default my vote 4 broadband website

In article ,

bof writes:

In message , "was gio, now vinnieza"

writes

hi, I've just put up my test vote 4 broadband website:

http://www.kolicha.netfirms.com

What do you all think of it? and has anyone got any suggestions?

thanx

That string of circles that follow the pointer around was so annoying I

just closed the window when I realised they were on the second page too

I viewed the site with a text only browser (lynx) so saw no such

distractions! It's my standard test to see if a site contains any real

information, or just mindless infantile amusements.

http://www.kolicha.netfirms.com came up with the goods - there is

some real information there, quickly accessible.

I have just updated the forum and jut wondered what does everyone think of
it?

http://members.lycos.co.uk/broadband...pBB2/index.php

The forum is Powered by phpBB 2.0.6: http://www.phpbb.com/

Thanx

Old December 13th 03, 06:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Don Pearce

On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 16:50:48 -0000, "Kolicha \(vinnieza\)"
wrote:

I have just updated the forum and jut wondered what does everyone think of
it?

http://members.lycos.co.uk/broadband...pBB2/index.php

The forum is Powered by phpBB 2.0.6: http://www.phpbb.com/

Thanx

You need to check your spellings (fourm instead of forum).

The login dialogue needs to be at the start of the page, not the end.

It wasn't entirely clear what the relevance of the number 4 was in all
of this. Is it linked to channel 4?

Member list is two words, not one (we aren't German). Same goes for
user groups.

All the sub-headings need review, poor grammar or unclear purpose in
many.

_____________________________

http://www.pearce.uk.com
Old December 13th 03, 06:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kolicha \(vinnieza\)

The fourm is Powered by phpBB 2.0.6: http://www.phpbb.com/

Thanx

You need to check your spellings (fourm instead of forum).

ok,

The login dialogue needs to be at the start of the page, not the end.

It wasn't entirely clear what the relevance of the number 4 was in all
of this. Is it linked to channel 4?

where's this?

Member list is two words, not one (we aren't German). Same goes for
user groups.

phpBB's fault,

All the sub-headings need review, poor grammar or unclear purpose in
many.

_____________________________

http://www.pearce.uk.com

thanx for the comments : )

Old December 13th 03, 06:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kolicha \(vinnieza\)

wrote:

I have just updated the forum and jut wondered what does everyone think

of
it?

http://members.lycos.co.uk/broadband...pBB2/index.php

The forum is Powered by phpBB 2.0.6: http://www.phpbb.com/

Thanx

You need to check your spellings (fourm instead of forum).

Are you sure? in word it says forum and he
http://www.yourdictionary.com/ahd/search?p=forum

Old December 13th 03, 08:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Don Pearce

On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 18:56:32 -0000, "Kolicha \(vinnieza\)"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

I have just updated the forum and jut wondered what does everyone think

of
it?

http://members.lycos.co.uk/broadband...pBB2/index.php

The forum is Powered by phpBB 2.0.6: http://www.phpbb.com/

Thanx

You need to check your spellings (fourm instead of forum).

Are you sure? in word it says forum and he
http://www.yourdictionary.com/ahd/search?p=forum

No, I mean the other way round - in one place you have Fourm.

_____________________________

http://www.pearce.uk.com
Old December 13th 03, 08:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Morgan - 0870 432 9631

On 13 Dec 2003 18:41, Don Pearce wrote:

It wasn't entirely clear what the relevance of the number 4 was in all
of this. Is it linked to channel 4?

No, it's rather like the shorthand some people use on text messaging,
of the "hi m8, wot u ..." and the "4" is short for "for" (yuk!) PGM
Old December 13th 03, 08:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Don Pearce

On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 20:36:53 +0000, Peter Morgan - 0870 432 9631
wrote:

On 13 Dec 2003 18:41, Don Pearce wrote:

It wasn't entirely clear what the relevance of the number 4 was in all
of this. Is it linked to channel 4?

No, it's rather like the shorthand some people use on text messaging,
of the "hi m8, wot u ..." and the "4" is short for "for" (yuk!) PGM

Please say it ain't so! That is SO last year - it has to go.

_____________________________

http://www.pearce.uk.com
Old December 13th 03, 08:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kolicha \(vinnieza\)

"Don Pearce" wrote in message
On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 18:48:43 -0000, "Kolicha \(vinnieza\)"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:
I have just updated the forum and jut wondered what does everyone

think
of
it?
http://members.lycos.co.uk/broadband...pBB2/index.php

The fourm is Powered by phpBB 2.0.6: http://www.phpbb.com/

Thanx

You need to check your spellings (fourm instead of forum).

ok,

The login dialogue needs to be at the start of the page, not the end.

It wasn't entirely clear what the relevance of the number 4 was in all
of this. Is it linked to channel 4?

where's this?

Everywhere - the title, for a start.

_____________________________

http://www.pearce.uk.com

oh I see you mean when it says "Broadband 4 cricklade news" well the sites
called broadband 4 cricklade to go with the web address
www.broadband4cricklade.tk it has a 4 to symbolise "for" and it's easier to
remember IMHO.

Old December 13th 03, 09:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Don Pearce

On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 20:52:31 -0000, "Kolicha \(vinnieza\)"
wrote:

"Don Pearce" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 18:48:43 -0000, "Kolicha \(vinnieza\)"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:
[...]

If you are twelve maybe. This stuff is creeping in everywhere, and it
really isn't terribly clever. Come to think of it, even children of my
acquaintance cringe when they see it now - it reminds them of the
worst, most patronising kind of "kids" TV.

_____________________________

http://www.pearce.uk.com
Old December 14th 03, 12:27 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Niall

On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 21:13:37 +0000, Don Pearce
wrote:

If you are twelve maybe. This stuff is creeping in everywhere, and it
really isn't terribly clever. Come to think of it, even children of my
acquaintance cringe when they see it now - it reminds them of the
worst, most patronising kind of "kids" TV.

When will adults realise that their very use of this stuff renders it
beyond the pale- that's the whole point.
Local schools have relaunched their dining halls as "Fuel Zones".
Those responsible presumably don't realise how pathetic this must look
to the kids.

--
Niall