ICS and LinkSys Router

Old December 13th 03, 08:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gareth Smith

Default ICS and LinkSys Router

I've got three weeks to wait for my broadband connection to be delivered. In
the meantime, I have my LinkSys 11g Wireless Router providing a network for
my wired and wireless PCs, with the adsl modem unpowered and unconnected.
What I cannot appear to do is share my dial up connection via Internet
Connection Sharing [which I could before when I was just using a plain
Netgear Hub. Any clues, or am I expecting more than is possible with the
11g router?
ta
Gareth

Old December 13th 03, 09:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
BRG

"Gareth Smith" wrote in
:

I've got three weeks to wait for my broadband connection to be
delivered. In the meantime, I have my LinkSys 11g Wireless
Router providing a network for my wired and wireless PCs, with
the adsl modem unpowered and unconnected. What I cannot appear
to do is share my dial up connection via Internet Connection
Sharing [which I could before when I was just using a plain
Netgear Hub. Any clues, or am I expecting more than is possible
with the 11g router?

The PC with ICS will want to be the DHCP server and default gateway
for the LAN segment and by default your Linksys router will try to
do the same.

Suggest you need to switch off DHCP on the Linksys.

--
BRG
===