Wireless Networking

Old December 14th 03, 11:21 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bobby

Default Wireless Networking

I'm in the same position (except I want to connect two PCs) and the simplest
(with least risk) appears to be an "ad hoc" network - consisting of wireless
LAN cards only - no router or wireless modem. Just use your current set-up
and use the wireless cards to talk to each other.

The nice thing is about this set-up is that you're taking no risk whatsoever
since you would need the cards under any configuration and you can always
add a router later if that's what you want.

Oh, and it's also very cheap!

Bobby

"Simon Wilkinson" wrote in message
I'm wanting to set up a small home wireless network so that 2 machines
can all share the broadband connection. But I've heard conflicting
reports about the reliability of the technology (dropped connections
etc). Is the technology good enough to provide sound networking in a
two up two down house with all the electrical interference one would
usually find. And if you know of a great solution, tell me the best
way of connecting PC to laptop this way.

thanks