Old June 21st 05, 06:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Shez

Default UPnP - should this be on by default?

I'm a bit hazy as to whether uPnP just configures local network devices
or whether it has implications for Internet use - on our router it's
enabled by default, is there any risk to this?

We have a local mail server which is only supposed to exchange mail
between machines on the LAN, but I'm concerned that uPnP may cause the
router to open the corresponding ports to the world at large.

If only one could get that wonderful feeling of
accomplishment without having to accomplish anything.
Take a break at the Last Stop Cafe: http://www.xerez.demon.co.uk/
Reply-to address for email: mailreply AT xerez.demon.co.uk