D-Link factory reset?

Old December 14th 03, 03:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter

Default D-Link factory reset?

Hi,

My ISP has recomended I do a factory rest of my ADSL modem as I cannot
reach a particular website and the reason is that my router is behind
a firewall.

Can anyone please advise how I should do this on a D-Link DSL-504?

--
Cheers

Peter

Remove the INVALID to reply
Old December 14th 03, 03:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
G Crozier

On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 14:37:43 +0000, Peter
wrote:

Hi,

My ISP has recomended I do a factory rest of my ADSL modem as I cannot
reach a particular website and the reason is that my router is behind
a firewall.

Can anyone please advise how I should do this on a D-Link DSL-504?

Log into the 504 then click maintenance then factory reset very simple
to do I am only sorry that like me you have bought this worthless and
useless piece of junk mine keeps doing factory resets of its own
accord at least one a day .
Grant .
Old December 14th 03, 03:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Terry Eden

Peter wrote:
Hi,

My ISP has recomended I do a factory rest of my ADSL modem as I cannot
reach a particular website and the reason is that my router is behind
a firewall.

Can anyone please advise how I should do this on a D-Link DSL-504?

From your web-browser
http://192.168.0.1/ assuming that's the network address.

Log in (default u/p is admin admin) and somewhere in the options is factory
reset.

Try downloading the latest firmware from ftp://ftp.dlink.co.uk

Terry

Old December 15th 03, 10:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter

On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 14:52:10 -0000, "Terry Eden"
wrote:

Try downloading the latest firmware from ftp://ftp.dlink.co.uk

Terry

Hi Terry,

The reset worked OK, but I'm not sure which file contains the latest
firmware - any suggestions please?

--
Cheers

Peter

Remove the INVALID to reply
Old December 15th 03, 11:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Piers James

here it is :-

ftp://ftp.dlink.co.uk/dsl_routers_mo...fw_v221b15.zip

Old December 15th 03, 11:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
G Crozier

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 22:28:53 -0000, "Piers James"
-nospam wrote:

here it is :-

ftp://ftp.dlink.co.uk/dsl_routers_mo...fw_v221b15.zip

This isn't the latest upgrade the latest is 14 this one is the 15 .
Grant .

Old December 16th 03, 09:13 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Piers James

doesn't 15 come after 14???? what's more this is the link from dlink's uk
site to the latest firmware!!!

"G Crozier" wrote in message
On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 22:28:53 -0000, "Piers James"
-nospam wrote:

here it is :-

ftp://ftp.dlink.co.uk/dsl_routers_mo...4%20rev%20a_fw

_v221b15.zip

Old December 16th 03, 01:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
G Crozier

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 08:13:34 -0000, "Piers James"
-nospam wrote:

doesn't 15 come after 14???? what's more this is the link from dlink's uk
site to the latest firmware!!!

Dlink tech told me the numbers go down not up I told him I had
"upgraded" from 14 to 15 and he said you have down graded .
Grant .
Old December 16th 03, 02:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
G Crozier

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 13:21:29 +0000, Don Pearce
wrote:
The perhaps you need to wait a while longer until they reach zero.
That will surely be perfection, since there will be nowhere else to
go.

There is somewhere else to go long before reaching zero it I do not
get satisfaction in the next few days I am heading for the small
claims court with backing from my local TS office having approached
them some weeks ago regarding this pile of junk from D-Link that I
paid them nearly ninty quid for .
Grant .
Old December 16th 03, 04:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
G Crozier

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 14:05:43 +0000, Don Pearce
wrote:
You've obviously had bad luck with yours. My 504 has performed
faultlessly since I first plugged it in a year ago.

Extreme bad luck I have had three of them in three months all with the
same fault !!even the tech guy in Denmark told me he had heard of the
same problem with quite a few others also seems like you have been
lucky with yours .
Grant .