Router

Old December 14th 03, 11:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PhilÅ

Default Router

I am looking for a ADSL Modem/Router that also has a WAN port for a cable
modem in case I go to NTL.

Do they exist??

Old December 14th 03, 11:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John Rumm

PhilÅ wrote:

I am looking for a ADSL Modem/Router that also has a WAN port for a cable
modem in case I go to NTL.

Probably not cost effective to do - but chances are you would need to
look at a dedicated ethernet to ethernet router plus a separate ADSL
modem. The when you get cable, disconnect the ADSL modem and connect the
cable one instead.

(You often find routers of this type simply described as broadband
routers or sometimes ADSL/Cable broadband routers)

--
Cheers,

John.

Old December 15th 03, 06:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
G Crozier

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 12:27:56 -0000, "rat" wrote:

dlink DI-604 cheap and pretty easy to set up

And if like the 504 bloody useless .
Grant .