Service date

Old December 15th 03, 04:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Hewitt-Dutton

Default Service date

Hi, My exchange (Woodhall Spa) was triggered 16 days ago, and as yet we
still do not have a ready for service date. I thought these were supposed to
be issued in the first 2 weeks. Does anyone know how long these usually
take, and why there might be a hold up?

Thanks
Pete.

Old December 15th 03, 05:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Jenkins

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 16:38:53 +0000 (UTC), "Peter Hewitt-Dutton"
wrote:

Hi, My exchange (Woodhall Spa) was triggered 16 days ago, and as yet we
still do not have a ready for service date. I thought these were supposed to
be issued in the first 2 weeks. Does anyone know how long these usually
take, and why there might be a hold up?

To get an RFS date can take anything from 1 to 4 weeks usually
(although granted its usually done in less than 4).

Resons for delays ? Could be many - especially in the run up to xmas
with staff holidays etc. Other reasons include site surveys (could be
more difficult to include the required hardware in the exchange than
at first glance etc).

I'd look at a date of around March before Woodhall Spa gets activated
and ready for connections.
--
Andy Jenkins
UK Broadband Usergroup : http://www.uk-bug.net
Old December 15th 03, 05:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"Peter Hewitt-Dutton" wrote in message
Hi, My exchange (Woodhall Spa) was triggered 16 days ago, and as yet we
still do not have a ready for service date. I thought these were supposed

be issued in the first 2 weeks. Does anyone know how long these usually
take, and why there might be a hold up?

As Andy says it can take longer than two weeks for a date to be issued.

I also notice that the last hundred or so registrations were gathered at a
faster rate than the rest - this can also lead to a delay in BT issuing an
RFS date as they were not expecting the exchange to hit its RFS date so
quickly..

Regards
Sunil

Old December 15th 03, 11:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Hewitt-Dutton

thanks to both of you for the replies.
Just a bit keen to finally get ADSL!!