Redirect PlusNet Default Email

Old December 15th 03, 07:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kimball K Kinnison

Default Redirect PlusNet Default Email

On PlusNet how do I redirect an email from my default account to a user
account. I have logged into the control panel and tried to set up a redirect
for my default account but it will not seem to allow it. Should I set up a
redirect from to

Old December 15th 03, 07:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Morgan - 0870 432 9631

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003, "Kimball K Kinnison" wrote
in uk.telecom.roadband ( not a plusnet group ? ) :-

Should I set up a redirect from

The AUP requires you collect mail for postmaster, so that may be
a good enough reason for blocking your attempt to redirect it.

Why not redirect 'user' to postmaster, or (depending on your
mail client) collect mail from both mail addresses. Peter M
Old December 16th 03, 08:38 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris Watts

"James" wrote in message
"Kimball K Kinnison" wrote in message
On PlusNet how do I redirect an email from my default account to a user
account. I have logged into the control panel and tried to set up a

redirect
for my default account but it will not seem to allow it. Should I set up

redirect from to

I would be interested in hearing a solution to this also. I was a victim

of
the virus that sent approx 100 emails a day to my Plus Net postmaster
account. I have now set up fresh mail boxes but still continue to check
postmaster through mailwasher.

Last time I looked at the redirect facility (ages ago) you could not
redirect an existing mailbox. All that you could do was to set up a new
mailbox and define it to redirect.

If I am wrong then I would like to know how to redirect (and chnge the
destination) on any mailbox not just the default one.

Chris

Old December 17th 03, 04:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 08:38:11 -0000, "Chris Watts"
wrote:

Last time I looked at the redirect facility (ages ago) you could not
redirect an existing mailbox. All that you could do was to set up a new
mailbox and define it to redirect.

If I am wrong then I would like to know how to redirect (and chnge the
destination) on any mailbox not just the default one.

Hi Guys,

In order to create a redirect for any alias, you just need to delete
an existing mailbox that is using that alias and create a redirect
instead.

We are looking at building functionality specifically to allow the
re-directing or blackholing of mail which arrives in the default
mailbox, but this isn't available yet. You can get round this by
creating individual mailboxes and a specific postmaster mailbox. You
can then safely delete mail from the default mailbox periodically
without having to bother too much with it. Remember also, if there are
any specific aliases you do not want to receive mail to, you can
create a re-direct to

Does that all make sense?

For a general explanation of how mailboxes work, see
http://www.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=162

Regards,

Ian

--
+ ------- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -------
Old December 20th 03, 05:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sam Albrow

"James" wrote in message
"Kimball K Kinnison" wrote in message
On PlusNet how do I redirect an email from my default account to a user
account. I have logged into the control panel and tried to set up a

redirect
for my default account but it will not seem to allow it. Should I set up

redirect from to

I would be interested in hearing a solution to this also. I was a victim

of
the virus that sent approx 100 emails a day to my Plus Net postmaster
account. I have now set up fresh mail boxes but still continue to check
postmaster through mailwasher.

I'm sure I asked this question of plusnet, I totally agree with you and
would most likley miss any important email sent to postmaster (or should I
say anything that isn't a mailbox). You can however specify a mailbox as
well to send all account etc mail to.

Even if you could isolate [email protected] from [email protected] it would be nice.

I will hunt around and let you know, I suggest you take a look in
plusnet.feedback.customer-support or whatever its called, Ian (mainly) and
the other cs people will answer in there
Sam

---
Sent from \\STN1 on HOMENET1 by user Sam Albrow 'Administrator'.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (
http://www.grisoft.com).