Recommend a NAT?

Old December 16th 03, 10:01 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.media.broadband
Paul D.Smith

Default Recommend a NAT?

Can anyone recommend a NAT to connect an internal ethernet 10/100base-T and
an external ethernet 10/100base-T? I've found lots with build in ISDN/ADSL
etc. but I need the uplink to be a standard ethernet network.

Thanks for any suggestions,
Paul DS.

--
Please remove the "x-" if replying to sender.

Old December 16th 03, 11:40 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.media.broadband
Peter Morgan - 0870 432 9631

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 09:01, "Paul D.Smith" wrote:

I need the uplink to be a standard ethernet network

If you look at a site like www.netgear.co.uk you can see their
table of routers with capabilities. Some have wireless, some ADSL
and there are some - the RP614 (from memory) - that are just simple
routers. Plenty for sale on Ebay and no doubt Dabs.com, etc, etc.

On Ebay look for "broadband router" where there's no mention of an
ADSL modem. Prices from about 20 quid, 30 would get a new unit if
you want to experiment with a cheap one from Ebuyer. Peter M.
Old January 1st 04, 10:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.media.broadband
Ric

Paul D.Smith wrote:
Can anyone recommend a NAT to connect an internal ethernet
10/100base-T and an external ethernet 10/100base-T? I've found lots
with build in ISDN/ADSL etc. but I need the uplink to be a standard
ethernet network.

Thanks for any suggestions,
Paul DS.

AFAIK a "cable router" does this as it's pure ethernet.
loads of cheapo ones around on ebuyer etc etc...