Nildrams Bonded ADSL Service and Migration Questions!

Old December 16th 03, 03:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
|MorpheousUk|

Default Nildrams Bonded ADSL Service and Migration Questions!

Hi all this is my first post in this group and I am hoping for some
answersto a couple of questions that are festering in the back of my mind.

I am a small business user who at the moment has 2 ADSL connections both 2
meg with 2 different ISPS (Not Nildram)

I have had these connections for a couple of years now and I have used one
of these to bond them http://makeshorter.com/?26E95j17Z it works quite well
but after reading Nildram make a Bond with Broadband!
http://www.getadsl.co.uk/press/181103.htm I am now considering migrating
both of my ADSL connections to Nildram.

My questions are as follows

1) Is there a line test involved when Migrating from one ISP to another?

2) How long does Migration take is there any down time?

3) What hardware is required at the users end to bond the 2 ADSL
connections?

Thanks for reading.

James

Old December 16th 03, 05:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
NAZGUL

"|MorpheousUk|" wrote in message
Hi all this is my first post in this group and I am hoping for some
answersto a couple of questions that are festering in the back of my mind.

I am a small business user who at the moment has 2 ADSL connections both 2
meg with 2 different ISPS (Not Nildram)

I have had these connections for a couple of years now and I have used one
of these to bond them http://makeshorter.com/?26E95j17Z it works quite well
but after reading Nildram make a Bond with Broadband!
http://www.getadsl.co.uk/press/181103.htm I am now considering migrating
both of my ADSL connections to Nildram.

My questions are as follows

1) Is there a line test involved when Migrating from one ISP to another?
This depends on which other ISP and if it is using an unbundled loop but in
general if you have got 2mbit then moving to another ISP wont be a problem
and there wont be a line test

2) How long does Migration take is there any down time? This depends on how
your current ISPS play ball as some make it hard some play fair and so its
not a long wait at all, hours not days

3) What hardware is required at the users end to bond the 2 ADSL
connections? you are already using line bonding equipment, as at present BT
do not support bonding at the exchange level.

Thanks for reading.

James

Old December 17th 03, 10:38 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dan

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 15:33:05 -0000, "|MorpheousUk|"
wrote:

Hi all this is my first post in this group and I am hoping for some
answersto a couple of questions that are festering in the back of my mind.

I am a small business user who at the moment has 2 ADSL connections both 2
meg with 2 different ISPS (Not Nildram)

I have had these connections for a couple of years now and I have used one
of these to bond them http://makeshorter.com/?26E95j17Z it works quite well
but after reading Nildram make a Bond with Broadband!
http://www.getadsl.co.uk/press/181103.htm I am now considering migrating
both of my ADSL connections to Nildram.

My questions are as follows

1) Is there a line test involved when Migrating from one ISP to another?

2) How long does Migration take is there any down time?

3) What hardware is required at the users end to bond the 2 ADSL
connections?

I believe a lot of your questions will be answered by reading
http://www.getadsl.co.uk/migration.htm

If you have any other questions just give our sales dept a ring.

--
Dan Ros, Nildram.

The views expressed in this message may
not be that of Nildram Ltd unless indicated.