Router problems

Old December 16th 03, 09:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gareth not NLL or anybody else.

Default Router problems

Hi
I have finally got my router after 3 weeks of waiting.
I ordered the SAR715+
I have got it set up as NAT with just 2 pc's connected to it.
I can connect to the internet fine.
When i try to play my online games (rtcw, enemy territory) i cannot download
a server list.
I can use battlefield 1942 with no problems wot-so-ever.
I have not set the fire wall up, its just the basic nat setup and thats it.
I am running windows me.
Any ideas??

Thanks in advance
Gareth

p.s if u require more info i will reply back as quick as possible.

Old December 17th 03, 07:15 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 21:10:22 +0000, Gareth not NLL or anybody else. wrote:

Hi
I have finally got my router after 3 weeks of waiting. I ordered the
SAR715+
I have got it set up as NAT with just 2 pc's connected to it. I can
connect to the internet fine.
When i try to play my online games (rtcw, enemy territory) i cannot
download a server list.
I can use battlefield 1942 with no problems wot-so-ever. I have not set
the fire wall up, its just the basic nat setup and thats it. I am running
windows me.
Any ideas??

Thanks in advance
Gareth

p.s if u require more info i will reply back as quick as possible.

The router is blocking all incoming ports (this is the default behaviour
of a NAT router). You need to find out which ports these games use then use
the port forwarding facility in the router to allow these ports through.

Graham

Old December 17th 03, 06:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gareth not NLL or anybody else.

"Graham" wrote in message
news
[...]

i have put in one port forwarding thing that allows all ports through to my
pc.

Old December 18th 03, 05:33 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave Stanton

i have put in one port forwarding thing that allows all ports through to
my pc.

Do you really mean ALL ports ?

Dave

Old December 18th 03, 07:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gareth not NLL or anybody else.

"Dave Stanton" wrote in message
news

i have put in one port forwarding thing that allows all ports through to
my pc.

Do you really mean ALL ports ?

Dave

rom what i was told on the solwise forum, yes all ports

gaz

p.s decided to run a software firewall after this though but i ran it a day
without it