Standalone INternet Radio Tuner ?

Old December 17th 03, 05:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
amstereofan

Default Standalone INternet Radio Tuner ?

Is there such a product ? I don't mean the Audiotron one or the UK made
device which relies on a pc to get it's feed. A unit which simply plugs
into the phone line and allows tuning of the 1000's of net stations would be
great...

Old December 17th 03, 10:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sam Albrow

"amstereofan" wrote in message
Is there such a product ? I don't mean the Audiotron one or the UK made
device which relies on a pc to get it's feed. A unit which simply plugs
into the phone line and allows tuning of the 1000's of net stations would

be
great...

Phone line?

Network with internet connection maybe. If you don't have a computer then
just add a router.
Not completly sure on specs but sure there is this sort of stuff on market.

Sam

---
Sent from \\STN1 on HOMENET1 by user Sam Albrow 'Administrator'.

Old December 17th 03, 10:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 17:09:16 +0000, amstereofan wrote:

Is there such a product ? I don't mean the Audiotron one or the UK made
device which relies on a pc to get it's feed. A unit which simply plugs
into the phone line and allows tuning of the 1000's of net stations would
be great...

I don't know about you, but I fancy one of these. I think I'll wait for
the price to drop though.

http://www.dabs.com/uk/productView.htm?quicklinx=2S1F

You could on the other hand consider a multi media PC installed with WinXP
MCE (Media Center Edition) in one of the new micro cases

graham