BB settings for Windows reinstall ?

Old December 18th 03, 02:29 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
AlabamyRising

Default BB settings for Windows reinstall ?

I`m about to give my mother my old pc to use, but she has recently
gone broadband and I was wondering if there was a way to put her
existing settings in the new Windows setup rather than use the install
CD that came with the welcome pack (NTL in this case)
Just need to know if there are default settings to connect to bb
really.

Thanks ;-)
Old December 18th 03, 06:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Griffin

Don't bother with the CD, I never received one when I was with ntl, just
use the connection wizard and select connect through a LAN and all
should be ok, that's all I ever did.

om...

Old December 19th 03, 04:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
AlabamyRising

Thanks David, I did think it might be a bit of overkill on their behalf ;-)
I`ll go and try that then.

Thanks again
Old December 19th 03, 05:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Griffin

How did you get on?.

"AlabamyRising" wrote in message
om...
Thanks David, I did think it might be a bit of overkill on their behalf
;-)
I`ll go and try that then.

Thanks again

Old January 3rd 04, 05:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
AlabamyRising

"David Griffin" wrote in message ...
How did you get on?.

Well ! firstly...Happy New Year ;-)

as far as the bb connection was concerned, its now working, but I`m
not 100% sure what I did....but I did end up using the CD in the end
to my disappointment,
may have been a driver problem initially, but Im still none the wiser
! lol

Im going bb myself very soon I think so it may be a matter of a few
days trawling through the groups first, I wont be on cable, but will
be needing a router so im not looking forward to it ;-)

anyway, thanks for the help and lets hope `04 is a windoze hassle free
year !